Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    It does have to be a wheel. There might just be enough room to have to lenses side by side.

I think a horizontal slider with two, or more, positions is more elegant and aesthetically pleasing.
    The wheel would be internal - no need to see it - just have a small part, like a jog wheel, exposed off the side. Besides you need the extra depth on the shell for the expanded battery
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Don't forget it would need to be compatible with the touchstone..cmon we can make this happen. Once gsm pre hits a lot of loot could be made...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    The wheel would be internal - no need to see it - just have a small part, like a jog wheel, exposed off the side. Besides you need the extra depth on the shell for the expanded battery
    The wheel needs a blank spot, too... lens cover.
    useless, who cares about the camera, just use your digital one
    Holy ****, I'm definetely buying one of those. Great for picking up text off of notes and papers.
    Man, I hope Seidio hears these ideas...great!! I'll take two that can accommodate Seidio's upcoming ext battery & the Touchstone and has a discreet thumbwheel that chooses between the macros & a small zoom & a blank!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Be sure to patent it first though. Which cost a bit of money....but i'm kinda serious about it.
    Patent what? He said that Griffin invented the iClarifi.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    Holy ****, I'm definetely buying one of those. Great for picking up text off of notes and papers.
    The screen res is good enough you can just take the shot from a foot away and zoom in and you can small text just fine.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    The screen res is good enough you can just take the shot from a foot away and zoom in and you can small text just fine.
    No way, it's nowhere near "just fine". The text is barely readable; it's very blurry and sometimes the only way to make out some words is by reading the first 1/4 and the last 1/4, then letting your brain figure the rest of the word out.
    I thought if this exact same idea. I was thinking of this so we could have cool bar code reader programs like the iPhone has. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    Taking a picture from too far away in order to zoom into barely legible text defines the purpose of a Macro shot.

Here's a pic of an HTC Box (from a foot away), a separate closeup shot of the little envelope and a closeup using a loupe (magnifier) making the tiny text readable.

Obviously "good enough" isn't always good enough.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was thinking that just a simple lens cover slider would be nice (mine keeps getting smudges). But this wheel idea is a great one. Hopefully someone with the money and resources to get this done right will do it.
    I used one of those 8X zooms on my PRE I have one I use with my Web-Cams for Streaming and had it with me on Vacation. It has a spring type holder (instead of the Case like the IPhone) so once it was lined up it took a great shot of what I needed .

I like that wheel or slider options for sure but yes it would have to be TouchStone as well.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    Man, I'm making a steampunk hard case for my pre and totally adding a macro lense (and maybe a zoom)
    All right. I gotta see that when you're done. I'm trying to go the cheap route by creating Steampunk themes, but a cover - THAT would be elegant. Of course, your optics will have to be detachable magnifier loupes.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    I used one of those 8X zooms on my PRE I have one I use with my Web-Cams for Streaming and had it with me on Vacation. It has a spring type holder (instead of the Case like the IPhone) so once it was lined up it took a great shot of what I needed .

I like that wheel or slider options for sure but yes it would have to be TouchStone as well.
    Do you have a picture/link? Also does anyone have a fish eye lens?
    Nice ideas, I also thought of a wheel. I orderded a batterypack from hongkong incl cover. I regulary use a laser cutter and reading glasses are not so expensive. So maybe cut 20 lenses out of one pair of reading glasses and make a fitting disc. Unfortunatly, I dont think its possible without scaling the casing up, even with a extra battery pack
    this is a great idea i hope its still coming
    Does someone has an application that can magnify letters from a book of the newspaper, I know that reading glasses are not very expensive but I always forget them but my palm pre is always with me!!! Thank's

Alain
    All joking aside... we've had some very enterprising people on this site who have made the Pre far more than it was right out of the box... at this point, given that you seem to have done it at least once, would we need to purchase an iClarifi case AND Pre case back? And, what would be your fee to put it all together? Think about it. If the overhead cost isn't too high, you might be able to do some custom work on the side.

By the way... the lack of digital zoom on the Pre is a software limitation. If anyone cared enough (don't look at me, I don't have the skill), they could write a custom macro add-on. I know skilled programmers hate generalizations on the part of non-programmers, so I'll ask it as a question: "Could it possibly be any harder than all the work that has been done bringing us customer kernels?

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    One of the big deals about the new iPhone is the autofocus camera so you can take macros. Well, we didn't get that but we COULD if some entrepreneurial user follows my 3 steps to Macro Money

Step 1:
    The iPhone 3G doesn't have Macro/Autofocus either but Griffin made a case called the iClarifi. It's just a shell that has a little magnifying glass you can toggle over the lens.

Step 2:
    What makes it easier for the Pre is that the battery cover is removable. So all it takes is a modified cover with that sliding magnifier.

Step 3:
    Profit! All I ask is for a million up front, lawyer fees for potential lawsuit and 4 free PreMacro Shells.

C'mon, we can do this. A Macro lens would be great for both users AND for app makers (barcode readers) so this actually would be useful.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Im thinking about taking the griffin case and just hacking the slider part off then fusing it onto the touchstone cover, will update as project progresses, and hopefully post some pictures if i can get it to work. Might not be the most elegant solution to start out with but can improve it once i have a starting mod. Will keep updated
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12