Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I have been sitting pretty with my phone for a while now, in particular in standby. With email sync every 30 minutes enabled, I get a 2% drop in battery life every hour in standby mode. With moderate use, I can get a day and a half out of the phone, sometimes close to 2. Unfortunately, this has changed with the latest update. I charged the phone last night, and took it off the charger before going to bed. I put it in airplane mode over night, and turned it on this morning, and the battery had only drained 3% the entire night. Unfortunately, after that, it was down hill. As of around 10+ hours later, it was down to 55% with next to no use. No GPS, no wifi, no bluetooth, no phone calls, and roughly 5 texts sent and received.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I also have lost my "swish" sound as well.
    It didn't have anything in it but security fixes, so no, it is not killing your battery life. Downloading and updating take battery life, the swish sound will come back when you do a soft reset. Try that, then go through tomorrow and I guarantee you will be coming back here tomorrow asking Mods to delete this thread-
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    How do I do a soft reset?
    You can either do it through Device Info > Reset Options or you can hold down the power button while toggling the ringer switch
    On the keyboard push Orange, SYM and the R key all at the same time and hold them until Palm is on the screen.
    Somehow it turned off the bake setting on the rear because my Pre is MUCH cooler now.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    If it helps, you can press the Orange Key + Sym + R to soft reset the phone
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    It also added the ability to search twitter and something else from the universal search screen.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    It also added the ability to search twitter and something else from the universal search screen.
    The ability to search twitter has been there since day 1.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Somehow it turned off the bake setting on the rear because my Pre is MUCH cooler now.
    Maybe there was a memory leak or an app that wasn't visible trying to run something in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    that sucks....i really loved the coffee warming feature...i hope all the other updates are not as buggy!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Oh! I take that back, I just took it out of my pocket and it was burning hot! Argh...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    How do I check what version my phone has? Just got it today.

Thanks,

Mckay
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I dunno, it really seems like the battery is draining more. It just dropped 4% in 3 minutes for on reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mckay View Post
    How do I check what version my phone has? Just got it today.

Thanks,

Mckay
    Go to Device Info and it will show you the version.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The update made no changes to your phone other than breaking the email install method for homebrew apps.

Batteries are the same... temperatures are the same... devices are not running faster... etc...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Battery is not the same. I turned my phone on after a full night of charge an hour ago, and it's already dropped to 95% with no use at all.
    mine seems to improve. probably in roam
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I experienced a big drop in battery life after the 1.0.3 update, likely due to Google Event sync rates being forced to 15 minutes instead of every few hours. Not sure why 1.0.4 would have effected battery life, but after 1.0.3 I went from having 65-70%~ remaining after a full day of moderate use, to having 45-50% after a full day of moderate use. Is it possible you're just noticing the effects of 1.0.3 since it has only been out for a little over a week?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I doubt it. After 1.0.3 I got better battery life, and I don't use any Google services.

I am not in Roam, either, I am at home and I am sitting next to my Airrave.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast