Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Try and reset your phones internal "battery meter" tonight let the phone run to ALMOST dead... then put it on the WALL charger a few hours before you go to bed.. and let it charge overnight for about 10 hours..

Again this is NOT for the batteries sake but to try and recalibrate the phones internal battery meter.
    Updated yesterday evening. All was ok battery wise up till then.

Charged my phone overnight, took it off the charger at 7 am, at 8:15 am the phone was at 40% life!

WTF

Didn't check to see if it was at 100% when i took it off the charger, have to monitor this some more today. Currently on the charger and charging (86%).
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

Charged my phone overnight, took it off the charger at 7 am, at 8:15 am the phone was at 40% life!

WTF

Didn't check to see if it was at 100% when i took it off the charger, have to monitor this some more today. Currently on the charger and charging (86%).

I think there might be something wrong w/your battery or some sort of memory leak. My phone charges to 100% very rapidly when plugged in via AC outlet.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Really sad. I was so excited as I was getting 2% drop an hour before 1.0.4, and close to 3 days of standby. I'm at 86% at 11:30 in the morning, with little to no use. Heck, I synced my email before, got 1 email, and responded with a brief message, checked my battery, and that caused a 1% drop. Why would that drop the battery so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post

WTF

Are you using the Palm charger cylinder and USB cable that came with the Pre?
    Not all chargers are created equal. I've used a 500mA charger that took forever to charge the Pre. The 1A (or 1000mA) charger fills the phone up fairly quickly.

Check to make sure the charging bolt is showing on the battery after you plug it in. Once or twice (not using Palm's charger), the bolt appeared, but it actually didn't charge for me. The Palm charger works 100% of the time for me though. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    mine seems to be draining faster as well, and has started getting warm while just sitting idle. this did not happen with 1.03
    Something is seriously screwed up with this update, or something.
    My phone will go a day and half on a charge easy. I have never had an issue with battery life. This AM after taking this phone off the charger it killed the battery to the point the phone shut off in 3.5 to 4 hours. This is BS!
    My Battery is definitaly draining. 1.02 my battery was around 50% at 10am, 1.03 my battery was around 80% around 10am. 1.04, battery is at 61%. Something is odd. Rebooted phone twice. but keeps getting warm.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
    The update made no changes to your phone other than breaking the email install method for homebrew apps.

Batteries are the same... temperatures are the same... devices are not running faster... etc...
    Actually, as posted here by wprater, the update changed several things:

[main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/base-files.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/browser-adapter.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/com.motionapps.rom.classic.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/com.motionapps.service.classic.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/com.palm.app.findapps.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/com.palm.app.firstuse.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/com.palm.app.updates.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/libltdl.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/luna-sysmgr.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/palmbuildinfo.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/palmcustomizationinfo.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/sweatshop-sprint-castle.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.ipk
    [main: 558]: Downloaded /var/lib/update/upstart-initscripts.ipk

That's new phone code, new browser bits, a new rom and background app for Classic, and more. Quite a few differences. On my Pre, Classic is more stable than 1.0.3, and my battery does seem to be draining faster although I am also doing some experimenting with Classic that may be contributing. Uninformed posts that "the update made no changes" are not helpful.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    My pre's battery has worsened after the last update. Right now, 4 hours off of the charger (and it was at 100%) I'm at 62%. On 1.0.3 I would probably be between 70 and 80 with the same amount of usage.

Anyone else with this problem? Someone needs to release a longer lasting battery for this phone.
    sigh. You really didn't need to start another thread about something that already has multiple threads, did you? 1.04 was only a security update, it shouldn't have changed your battery life. maybe you were on the phone a little longer. Maybe reception was worse. Maybe the battery life indicator is a little off. Maybe you've received more e-mails or texts today than yesterday.

Give it a couple of days and maybe you'll notice that the only thing that's changed is your perception.
    Well....BUMMER.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Being discussed here. Others are seeing the same issue. 1.04 is not only a security update.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Two questions for those with worse battery life on 1.0.4:

Are you usually in a poor signal area?
    Do you use Classic?

Thanks!
    I'm usually in a decent (3 bars) or good (4+) area. I don't use classic.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I was actually getting pretty decent battery usage...that is until the latest two updates. And with also I have to reset more frequently....what's up with that?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I feel the same way, but it mostly seems to just be from usage. I did switch to Sprint Only today and that may have helped, but the battery still drains so much from using the phone.
    I didn't notice any difference going up to 1.0.3, battery life was barely OK. Now, with 1.0.4 it seems like it got worse. After I unplug my phone in the morning and keep it in my pocked for a few hours, it has already gone down 40% and that's without even hardly using it. I have my touchstone with me every where I go, so I can easily charge it back up, but this is much worse that before. Palm really needs to get this fixed. I am considering one of the extended capacity batteries for seidio...

Guess I can't post a link yet sorry. Just google Palm Pre Seidio Battery if interested. Looks like they have a double size battery that comes with a new back for the Pre coming soon as well.
    I merged 3 threads.

I found them by going here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Battery is not the same. I turned my phone on after a full night of charge an hour ago, and it's already dropped to 95% with no use at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    sigh. You really didn't need to start another thread about something that already has multiple threads, did you? 1.04 was only a security update, it shouldn't have changed your battery life. maybe you were on the phone a little longer. Maybe reception was worse. Maybe the battery life indicator is a little off. Maybe you've received more e-mails or texts today than yesterday.

Give it a couple of days and maybe you'll notice that the only thing that's changed is your perception.
    You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss people's issues. Even if it was just a security update (which the list of files changed in the log seems to suggest more) what isn't to say that, for (a very very crude example) instance, a line of code designed to disable installing email apps had a inf loop once invoked?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast