Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I noticed that here and there my pre doesn't act normally. And so once a soft reset is performed, it's ok and back to normal.

How many people just reset their phone in a day?
    I reset my Pre once a day just to clear things out a bit. It never hurts to do that, and it keeps the phone feeling fresh.
    it think some one should make an app that will do a schedualed soft reset like i had on my blackberry cause i dont want to wait the 20 min it takes to do it. but if it did it by its self at 3 am i would be stoked
    Does a soft reset erase any info like songs, contacts, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Does a soft reset erase any info like songs, contacts, etc?
    no all it does is basicly turn the phone off and on
    There is no need for an app for that. It takes at most a few minutes to do.
    i do it about 1-2 times a week.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
    i do it about 1-2 times a week.
    Same here, if that. And I always have that fresh spring morning feeling
    How do you do a 'soft re-set'?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have to do it pretty much every 1-2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    How do you do a 'soft re-set'?
    orange + sym + R
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Is it not the same thing as pressing the power button to turn it on and off?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post
    orange + sym + R
    another thing I hear people say but yet I've never seen it actually done on any Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mentallydetached View Post
    orange + sym + R
    Didn't know this. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkemp88 View Post
    Is it not the same thing as pressing the power button to turn it on and off?
    I think that's a hard reset. I may be wrong, but that takes a longer time?
    It feels that way to me atleast.

Last time I did that, I had to wait like half a minute for it to turn off, and 2 minutes for it to turn on.
    Soft reset felt faster; maybe because there was no lag between the turning off and turning on.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    another thing I hear people say but yet I've never seen it actually done on any Pre.
    LOL what?! If you doubt it works just do it then. It works. You can also hold the power switch while you toggle the silent-mode switch (right next to power switch) about 3 or 4 times.

I just don't understand why you even posted that reply.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    LOL what?! If you doubt it works just do it then. It works. You can also hold the power switch while you toggle the silent-mode switch (right next to power switch) about 3 or 4 times.

It just doesn't work on my phone. But people also say when you're receiving a call you can tap the power button once and it will silence, twice to ignore. Well, I've tested it a bunch of times it always just ignores on the first press. I'm going to exchange mine out in the next couple days before my 30 expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    It just doesn't work on my phone. But people also say when you're receiving a call you can tap the power button once and it will silence, twice to ignore. Well, I've tested it a bunch of times it always just ignores on the first press. I'm going to exchange mine out in the next couple days before my 30 expires.
    Your making sure to hold all three down at the same time right?
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post

I don't think you have to toggle the mode switch. If you just hold it down for like 7-10 seconds I think it just gives you the options to either shut down or go into airplane mode. Or Im just doing the toggle wrong
    If you toggle the switch while hitting the power button it will do a soft reset and turn off then back on by itself after you hit turn off when it comes up on the screen. If you just hold the power button down it will turn the phone off, and then you will have to wait until it powers down completely and then use the power button to turn it back on. This process takes longer than executing a soft reset.

orange + sym + R has the same effect if you would rather do it that way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast