1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to add a birthday to a contact and have it appear in the calendar? In the old treo, when you added a birthday in the contacts, it appeared in your calendar. Not seeing this in the pre.
    I believe that this is not yet possible.
  3.    #3  
    Wow, that sucks
  4. geridh
    I get alerts when it is set on my ggogle calender which is synched with outlook?
    Yeah, and another complaint. When you sync with Facebook it doesnt add them to your calendar like it does for the Blackberry app. That was such a freaking lifesaver for me. I wish someone would work on that in the next update, or maybe when the official FB app comes to fruition. Meh.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Yeah, and another complaint. When you sync with Facebook it doesnt add them to your calendar like it does for the Blackberry app. That was such a freaking lifesaver for me. I wish someone would work on that in the next update, or maybe when the official FB app comes to fruition. Meh.
    +1
    Man the Pre's PIMS really suck
    It is boggling some of the "features" that Palm left out of the Pre that existed on previous Palm devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    It is boggling some of the "features" that Palm left out of the Pre that existed on previous Palm devices.
    i think its due to the "changing of guard" in Palm... Rubenstein probably is more into hardware than software. Pretty sure Jeff Hawkins wouldnt let that go away
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i think its due to the "changing of guard" in Palm... Rubenstein probably is more into hardware than software. Pretty sure Jeff Hawkins wouldnt let that go away
    Hawkins has been way too much into his brain research to bother giving Palm any input anyway lately.

There's a Facebook application which makes an iCal of your friends' birthdays:
    Login | Facebook

You then would need to add that iCal to your Google Calendar public calendars.

Not the greatest solution, but it's a good workaround.
    I'm sure Palm will resolve this google/facebook birthday notification feature.