Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There is search in Evernote's Pre client. Just go to the main notes view and start typing. The interface is a bit confusing--the little search icon is for notes that are geotagged and such. But, when you start typing, a more general search field pops up.

The Evernote client needs work, but when it's up to snuff will be the premier note-taking tool on the Pre, I'll wager (like it is for many people on other platforms).
    Hey thanks...I tried the search icon and obviously it did not help. I just tried what you mentioned and it works great.

I hope they can get the issues sorted and add some features. Evernote on the Pre can get pretty sluggish when dealing with a lot of memos.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    I LOVE THIS TREAD!

It's exactly how I'm feeling.

This OS has so much potential but the holes are killing me.

- NO migration path (Outlook? What's that?)
    - External SD MIA (Apple has two flavors - 16 or 32 GB for X sake - when did Apple EVER offer more then anybody else?!?)
    - Video? Really? Sad.
    - great camera specs but no preferences AND no cover, just a simple sliding plastic cover to keep the pocket lint out. How hard would that be.
    - A little communication would be nice (as mentioned above) Anything.
    - WiFi but no file services
    - USB can't charge the phone????!!!!
    - No USB sync (of any kind - WTF?)
    - I'll stop now on the specifics....

- Simple stuff - World clock, texting that is somewhat similar to EVERYbody else, "About" in the app itself - crazy talk, updates in the app itself - again, crazy talk, simple notification changes (sound, flashing, etc), etc, etc.
    there is a world clock on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! click on "date & time" then on network time zone then pick your damn country simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Thanks for that. I read in the users guide that memos were not part of the universal search and I jumped to a bad conclusion.
    Yep. Funny where search might pop up. Personally, I like that not everything is included in Universal Search--keeps it quick and clean--but I do wish there was search available in Calendar and Email. Add those, and I think search would be pretty complete...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yep. Funny where search might pop up. Personally, I like that not everything is included in Universal Search--keeps it quick and clean--but I do wish there was search available in Calendar and Email. Add those, and I think search would be pretty complete...
    If you know what you're searching for, true universal search (such as spotlight on the iPhone) is incredible. You can also order which data types (songs, appointments) are displayed first. It's wonderful.

I expect Palm to add real search within 5 months or so.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12