1.    #1  
    So, it's been over two weeks. Are you guys with wobbly sliders (like mine) deciding to just go ahead and live with it? I am not convinced that a new Pre will not become wobbly anyway. I think it may be OK, but I am not sure ifthe wobbly slider issue is OK to ignore or not.

Thoughts?
    i have had 3 and they have all wobbled. They were tight at first and then slowly became more wobbly. I guess we are all just going to live with it. Just like all the small issues that havnt been fixed in any of the updates. We will just continue to live with those too! I plan on keeping my pre and have been through all of the other "palm issues" for the past 6 years. Lol i guess ive just grown to live with it. I used to enjoy palm and have issues with sprint. It seems to have changed lately though. I have been very satisfied with sprint service and customer service. Hopefully palm comes through for all us weathering this "Beta Storm"
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Yes, I've decided to just live with it in its current state.

I was messing with a G1 the other day that had its own wobble issues. Made me feel marginally better. Then I messed with some demo Pre units, and they were pretty tight... So now I guess I'm even.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Mine feels wobbly, much more wobbly than any other slider phone I've ever owned.

I was just at the Sprint store today porting my old AT&T number (wanted to give Sprint a few days to check the coverage first). The guy asked what I thought about the phone, I said I liked it, but the slider felt a bit wobbly. When he tried it he said he thought it did feel a little looser than usual, but I said the only time I noticed it is when I try to push the power button because of the way I tend to hold the phone when I do it.

He said if it got worse to where I didn't like it anymore to just bring it in under the TEP stuff and even the one year warranty. So I think I'm just going to wait and see what happens with it - hoping one of those hard cases will help firm it up a bit more and if it does get unacceptably worse, hopefully by that time there will be new stock out there where maybe it's been fixed to a greater degree.

It's the only complaint I have with my Pre - no dead pixels and the screen is great - so I'm reluctant to try and get another one at this point for fear of different or additional issues in a different phone.
    I'd like my Pre to be completely sans-wobble, but coming from two HTC phones--Mogul and Touch Pro--I consider my Pre to be pretty solid indeed. All I need to do to cure myself of the urge to complain is to pull my Mogul out of my desk and slide it a few times.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I purchased a hard case from Best Buy (Rocketfish Snap-on Case - $19.99, you can find it on their website). It adds a little bulk to the phone, obviously, but it also makes the device a lot more robust and takes away some wobble. Not all of it, but it's definitely a lot less wobbly than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'd like my Pre to be completely sans-wobble, but coming from two HTC phones--Mogul and Touch Pro--I consider my Pre to be pretty solid indeed. All I need to do to cure myself of the urge to complain is to pull my Mogul out of my desk and slide it a few times.
    Same here. Moving parts will always have a little bit of give. My Touch Pro didnt wobble up and down but it really twisted. This phone has a tiny bit of give but it's more like what I expect after having owned a few sliders in my time. My girlfriend's has less wobble but she doesn't use it as much as I do so I am assuming it will end up the same eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    So, it's been over two weeks. Are you guys with wobbly sliders (like mine) deciding to just go ahead and live with it? I am not convinced that a new Pre will not become wobbly anyway. I think it may be OK, but I am not sure ifthe wobbly slider issue is OK to ignore or not.

Thoughts?
    Mine doesn't wobble, but if it did I would wait 2 months and exchange it for a new one under the manufacturing warranty
    I've had mine for about 2 weeks as well and I just don't really notice this wobble you guys speak of. I mean, if i slide out the phone and hold the top and bottom with each hand and try to move it, there is a small amount of give, but certainly nothing worth mentioning. I think much of the build quality issues people have can be attributed to the fact that since the phone has moving pieces, its bound to feel less "solid" than a phone without.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Agreed. I wonder if there are many complaints about wobble coming from people that have used sliders in the past. Seems like the complaints might be coming from former blackberry, treo, and Iphone owners.