1.    #1  
    I just exchanged my 2nd pre due to a really wobble top half/slider. My rep went through all the ones in the store and found me one that is really tight and snappy. Now my "dilemma" is that my rocketfish case will not fit because the gaps are so small around between the two halfs. Should I risk making this new pre sloppy again but have it protected? Do you think the rocketfish case will make it worse over time? I was thinking of getting the seidio innocase when it's available but I imagine the same issue because they are close in design.
    REALLY???? You exchange your Pre because of wobble and now you want to make your new non wobbly Pre wobble so it'll fit a case?? And ask people if that's a logical choice?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    you don't deserve a pre without a wobble if you are asking this question....
    Yeah, I'd say it nicer... maybe: "Have you tried InvisiShield from ZAGG?" or something like that, but yeah.
    So are Sprint stores actually opening up every Pre box to find that perfect phone for whiny customers? That seems ridiculous.
  6.    #6  
    Easy now. I am on my third pre. The clearcoat was peeling on the first one, The second one had heat issues, dead pixels and the WOBBLY screen. My rep went out of her way to keep me from having to return another pre after this one.

I know it was a "dumb question" to ask, but I really liked having the extra protection on my pre with the rocketfish. I do allot of heavy lifting and the being able to clip it to my belt (screen facing inward) is more practical than putting it in my pocket. I don't want to screw it up so I was wondering if anyone thought maybe these style cases were the culprit. I guess for now I will throw an IS on it. Does anyone think the seidio innocase will still have the same problem? I guess i can just buy their belt clip.
    Okay, this raises an interesting question: Why would Rocketfish make a case that only fits a "wobbly" Pre? Maybe there's supposed to be some kind of a gap in there, and the ones without any are the one's that are incorrectly made?

Just seems curious to me...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, this raises an interesting question: Why would Rocketfish make a case that only fits a "wobbly" Pre? Maybe there's supposed to be some kind of a gap in there, and the ones without any are the one's that are incorrectly made?

Just seems curious to me...
    more so this raises another question...has palm tightened the quality of newer devices? I mean to think that a company would be silently working to improve products based on feedback from early adopters...jeesh!

Seriously this doesn't prove anything, but I'd bet that they balanced the need to get it out and turn around the losses and the need to refine and beta test it. If they didn't announce it in jan. they would be toast. Since they did they needed it out sooner rather than later, so soon that we became the Beta.

oh yeah and send it to me as long as their are no bad pixels, ill send my "wobbly one" your way
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    oh yeah and send it to me as long as their are no bad pixels, ill send my "wobbly one" your way
    I wish.. this one has two dead pixels as well. Also, the lights on the keyboard are uneven. Tit for tat, I guess. I'd rather have a more "solid" build but somewhere there has to be the "perfect pre".
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    more so this raises another question...has palm tightened the quality of newer devices? I mean to think that a company would be silently working to improve products based on feedback from early adopters...jeesh!

Seriously this doesn't prove anything, but I'd bet that they balanced the need to get it out and turn around the losses and the need to refine and beta test it. If they didn't announce it in jan. they would be toast. Since they did they needed it out sooner rather than later, so soon that we became the Beta.

Well, my barely wobbly Pre (and I do mean, barely) is one of the first made, so I'm not sure there's a correlation there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    No problems with my build quality - phone received on day one - hardware wise, I wish it felt a bit more solid but no issues thus far - knock on ipod... as for your situation, I'd keep the "tight" phone tight and get a different case/protection scheme. I got Palm's case with the phone, but found my no name case from BBuy that I'd used with my centro works best... cheers.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I bought the clear rocketfish case on launch day and returned it later that same day. It did not snap on easy at all and taking back off was worse. It would not snap completely on the top half of the phone for some reason. Now my slider is not smooth at all from just a few hours of using it. I can slide the keyboard out and only expose the space bar and hold the phone from the bottom and it will stay open. It's nice for taking pics with the space bar but the keyboard almost grinds when I try to open it. Also I can rub my finger on the edges around the mirror and will have black plastic shavings on the tip of my finger. All that being said...I hope you didn't mess up your phone because I think I might have had the same problem and it messed up mine. I'd say go with a clear skin for now and then get one of the silicon cases once they come out.
    how anyone could put a "case" on such a beautiful phone is beyond me, if you work construction get a cheap nextel made of rubber or something... this phone is not made for harsh environments
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    how anyone could put a "case" on such a beautiful phone is beyond me, if you work construction get a cheap nextel made of rubber or something... this phone is not made for harsh environments
    I hope you are just being sarcastic, your point is moot. This is the phone I want/need and I wish to protect it's beauty. I might just wait and try out the innocase from seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I hope you are just being sarcastic, your point is moot. This is the phone I want/need and I wish to protect it's beauty. I might just wait and try out the innocase from seidio.
    "Need"? ROFL Geez what the hell did you people do just a few years ago before you had a cell?

Yeah, I NEED a Lamborghini, too.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    "Need"? ROFL Geez what the hell did you people do just a few years ago before you had a cell?

Yeah, I NEED a Lamborghini, too.
    Not really apples to apples, more like raisins to mangos. What I "need" is a pda, cellphone and laptop. The pre fills that void. Nothing wrong with wanting to protect my investment.
    It's like a beautiful muslim woman wearing a hijab - what's the point? no one will ever know...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Easy now. I am on my third pre. The clearcoat was peeling on the first one, The second one had heat issues, dead pixels and the WOBBLY screen. My rep went out of her way to keep me from having to return another pre after this one.

I know it was a "dumb question" to ask, but I really liked having the extra protection on my pre with the rocketfish. I do allot of heavy lifting and the being able to clip it to my belt (screen facing inward) is more practical than putting it in my pocket. I don't want to screw it up so I was wondering if anyone thought maybe these style cases were the culprit. I guess for now I will throw an IS on it. Does anyone think the seidio innocase will still have the same problem? I guess i can just buy their belt clip.
    I put the touchstone back on my Pre, which is soft grip and then a good screen protector that covers the entire front. In my opinion that combo is a good solution, the soft touch back is not as brittle as the stock back so it won't chip or crack as easy and the screen protector covers the whole front as well as the front edges. It is a high quality screen guard so it does provide a degree of drop protection as well as great protection from every day wear and tear. In my opinion the Pre is to sleek and attractive looking to hide in a case.
    Gee, so much grief over a question... come on people lighten up. Anyway, got my pre launch day and I too wanted to protect it so I got the rocketfish with the holster. It didn't fit completely so I took it back and got another one. Again one snap would not close, although the case felt tight around the unit. So what I did was shorten and clip off two of the snaps, one near the volume, as sometimes when I would open the slider, it would lower my volume. I then clipped off one snap near the bottom of the slider, the one that would not didn't completely snap. It was really easy to do with a pairing knife. Now all is great, the other snaps really hold the back on tightly so the need for that one clip was not necessary. It came in handy. I dropped the phone the other day and the only thing damaged was the rocketfish case ( few scratches). Glad I kept the cover on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    It's like a beautiful muslim woman wearing a hijab - what's the point? no one will ever know...
    But oh those eyes!!!