Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So I used Pandora's 'One' version for the desktop shortcut to my account. While listening to it on my PC it cut off and said my account is expired and to log on to fix. I did and it stated that, "our records indicate that you've been a subscriber to Pandora on your mobile phone... To maintain an ad free experience launch the app on your phone etc..." So I launch it on my phone and it says "sorry, but this account has been suspended. Contact support..." Now it wont work on either my phone or PC?!? Even when I click on "Listen on the web" it stalls out and says "It is taking longer than expected to figure out the perfect song to play next and to switch stations" STILL NOTHING!!! I tried signing in/out on my phone and that didn't work. All this happened less than a half hour of the new Palm 1.0.4. update but I don't see why that would be connected?
    Anyone else have this issue? Should I delete the app and start over or even set it up with a new email?
    I need my tunes! SOS.....
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    have you taken the application's advice and contacted support?
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Pandora doesnt load here either.
    I updated to 1.0.4 about two hours ago, and I've been using Pandora (One) since then with no issues.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    BLAH! Account suspended?
    Just tried it and it works, to many scary posts. Updated to 1.0.4 several hours ago.
    Also updated to 1.0.4 a few hours ago. Pandora hung the first time I tried it, so I closed it, re-loaded it, and it is working fine now.

Just tried hitting Pandora on my laptop, and it is working fine there also.

I suggest contacting Pandora customer service like the message says.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    No problems here with Pandora after 1.04 update.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Pandora is back on my PC but still suspended on my phone. I will contact support and update this thread thanks...
    Basically your Pandora One trial has expired. The application when running in standalone mode has no ads, therefore you must be a premium user so that they can collect revenue. I have been using it for four years now, and I just signed up for their subscription service a few weeks ago and was more than happy to pay for $36 a year fee since Pandora is awesome and I have been freeloading for years and it just kept getting more awesome, tribute had to be made.

Anyway its a bug with your account and phones, it happened last year on the instinct where they tried to have you sign up for a subscription service at $5.99 a month (HAH) but bugged out if you already had a subscription through Pandora so if you wanted to listen to it, it would double charge you basically. Anywho they fixed this by simply making mobile versions completely free for everyone. This Pandora One is new and probably bugging out the accounts again so either create a new account and don't use Pandora One, wait for them to fix it, or its only 3 bucks a month (10 cents a day!) to a company that provides such a great, commercial free service that could easily be the other way with audio ads inserted in their stations.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Thanks for that valuable info Vercobrix. I did not know that "one" was a trial basis and am back to logging in every time on my PC. (still blocked on Pre) My stations were all erased too and now have to start over but that's not a big deal. Just curious about paying for it... Is it any different? I heard you get access to more variety of genres etc and wondered if its really worth paying the annual fee?

**Update**
    Since my playlist was reset I decided to start over with a different email. Pandora is back on my Pre and life is good Still no word from support but not too concerned about it now. I also was unable to change my email from my original account. It kept saying "mistake on Pandoras end" over and over so I started from scratch.
    Being used to the convenience of "One" I hadn't had to go the longer route of logging in every time and noticed more ads in my face. That's all good but I wonder if paying for their services will one day be required to use at all...? Like they get us all hooked on Crackdora then switch things up... Ah well, back to loving this app!!!
    Last edited by Freshyz; 06/29/2009 at 05:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This also happened on my account. Just in case anyone else has this problem I solved it after contacting support. They told me to log into my account from a PC and update my birthdate and gender. I did this, and it fixed the problem. I don't know why, but it worked.

Anyway, what I think caused it is that I had Pandora mobile on my previous phone that I paid a monthly subscription for through Sprint. This gave me access to Pandora One also. Anyway, I lost my Pandora One access after that billing cycle ended (2 or 3 days ago).

Hope this info helps someone.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Pandora support got back to me and fixed my email update issue but no word as to why my playlists were deleted. They were very helpful and relatively quick with their response. Kudos to their support team!
    Upon further research, even though Pandora is completely awesome and worth supporting, paying the annual fee just does not provide enough extra perks as apposed to the free version. Just no ads on a PC and able to skip more tracks (but not hourly) so save your money for now. . .
    On a side note, it's been great being able to plug my phone into my stereo for the full music experience. I just wish Pandora didn't light up every time a new song plays. Seems like a waste of battery life. The Amazon player does not do that which is nice. Also, I wish both of these players had some EQ options. Either manual or pre-set style. Ah well...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Also, I wish both of these players had some EQ options. Either manual or pre-set style. Ah well...
    You and me both! I need more bass and far more control on the treble end. I'm looking into getting this going in the background, like setting some global audio setting through the Linux command prompt. I've rooted my Pre and have a fellow techie who's a Linux guru, so hopefully we'll find a solution.