Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Hey guys I got an opening day Palm Pre. I got it the first day. Mine has a bad slider wobble and when I slide it up it doesn't slide smooth, it feels like it's catching on something.

So I'm going to take it in for a replacement but was just wondering if they tightened up the build quality and the later builds?
    Nope just got mine replaced yesterday and it is the worst one yet the sprint guy at the store as soon as he opened it said oooh I will have to order you a new one. I'm using it now and the build date on it is 06-17
    I just replaced my 2nd pre today (on my third now). I had my rep go through the 3 or 4 they had and pick me the best one. The build date is 6-20. I have two stuck pixels but the slider is really tight, barely any play. The gaps on both sides are very small as well (and even).

They only issue I have now is my rocketfish case won't fit because the two halves are so "tight". Can't say this is a "problem" per say. I am just debating trying to force it on because it might make my pre wobble again. I guess I can throw a skin on it for now until the seido innocase comes out.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Okay so they really haven't addressed the issue.

I'm still returning mine because I have to soft reset my phone about every other day or weird things start happening. For example everyonce in a while for no reason I just stop receiving my emails. Restart the phone and they all come through and come through perfectly normally. It's periodically stops sending them until I restart. Same thing with the web or sending pictures. It just sometimes won't do it and I have to restart the phone.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I exchanged mine today and it's night and day.

The slider doesn't seem to catch. It's not wobbly. Reception is much better. Very glad I exchanged it.
    I have a 06-20 build date one and it is wobbly. My release date may build one wasn't wobbly at all.
    Seems like it is luck of the draw.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Nothing major is going to change in such a short time period. It takes a couple of weeks to even get these things ordered, made, shipped and distributed here. Any manufacturing change will take months to implement from release.
    Probably just luck, I have a launch day pre with build date of 5/23 and my gf just got one that has a build date of 6/24. Both seem pretty solid. Sliders are tight, screens with no noticed defects, and none of the reported screen wobble.
    I decided to go ahead and exchange mine because I had a little light leakage (I could have lived with it fine but I can exchange it so why not).

I compared the new one side by side with my old one and the sliders seemed almost exactly the same. There is a VERY Small bit of play when closed, but I think that's normal. It also has some light leakage spots but less than the last one.

Actually while writing this I just discovered it has one stuck pixel in the top left. Might have to return it again? I dunno.

Warranty date is 6/27
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I decided to go ahead and exchange mine because I had a little light leakage (I could have lived with it fine but I can exchange it so why not).

I compared the new one side by side with my old one and the sliders seemed almost exactly the same. There is a VERY Small bit of play when closed, but I think that's normal. It also has some light leakage spots but less than the last one.

Actually while writing this I just discovered it has one stuck pixel in the top left. Might have to return it again? I dunno.

Warranty date is 6/27
    I have light leakage on all 4 corners. Is this worth exchanging again (this is my 3rd pre). Everything else seems great so far, the slider is super tight and this one doesn't suffer from the heat issues. I still have two dead pixels but I'm afraid of a new set of problems that the next one might hold and then I will be past my 30 datys.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I really didn't think my wobble was that bad until I compared mine with two of my friends. Mine was really wobbly and this one is much better. The slider slides up and down much better too.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Here's a thread with some anecdotal evidence of later July builds coming with better sliders.