1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing this? It has happened twice now -- first last night and now this afternoon. I check for updates on the pre and it goes to that white "checking for updates" screen and the upload indicator spins... but it never gets past this point.

I'm looking at my pre now -- but it has been 20 minutes and the thing is still checking for updates! Wondering if this is a bug or my phone. Oh, this is on EvDO w/ bars fluctuating between 1-5. I'm in my home office and my signal strength tends to be very good here.

End it and start another one... Did same for me and second one was instant
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Did the same for me. Rebooted and it came right up.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I restarted it. Timestamp 3:26 EST. Let's see how long this takes...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Okay, I restarted it. Timestamp 3:26 EST. Let's see how long this takes...
    It is now 3:31 EST and it is STILL swirling. I think I'm gonna restart it again.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Mine was taking a while so I canceled. Restarted at 3:31. I'll keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    After 2 minutes it said unable to connect. try again later. Odd. EVdo on and 5 bars.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    won't connect with Wi-Fi connection either. odd.
  9.    #9  
    Pre-eezus! I restarted it again at 3:32, it is now 3:45 EVdo has maintained 5 bars and still nada.

Maybe Sprint *did* sell a million Pre's and they're all trying to update at once.
    Mine wont connect either but I was able to download 1.0.3 yesterday so Ill wait until later tonight to try.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Mine wont connect either but I was able to download 1.0.3 yesterday so Ill wait until later tonight to try.
    Yeah, I've stopped and restarted it several times. I think I'll just wait until tonight too.
    Yea this happened to me on the last update, happens when I try opening bookmarks too, it will just spin and spin and spin....
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah.
    I started checking for updates.
    Closed that application.
    Checked for updates again.

The second time it was instant.
  14.    #14  
    OMG... it's 7:02 PM and I STILL can't get the thing to update. It is just stuck, perpetually, in "checking for updates." I've even tried switching from EVdo to WiFi. Not sure what good it does me to have a device that can't get updates on demand.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    OMG... it's 7:02 PM and I STILL can't get the thing to update. It is just stuck, perpetually, in "checking for updates." I've even tried switching from EVdo to WiFi. Not sure what good it does me to have a device that can't get updates on demand.
    Okay... a soft reset fixed it. Update loaded right up and all is right with the world