View Poll Results: how many times has your pre frozen on you?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • freeze? never!

167 55.67%
  • once

48 16.00%
  • 2-3

30 10.00%
  • 4-5

10 3.33%
  • 6-1

5 1.67%
  • 8+

40 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    my phone freezes up every time I plug it in to charge. Does anybody know the reason why? Or a way to stop this. It doesn't let me touch anybuttons, the touuch screen doesn't work and it won't turn on. When I unplug it I it goes back to working, but this really sucks
    My Pre has never locked up but its stock with only Palm approved apps on it.

Another question should be does anyone with a stock unhacked Pre have lockups.
    Just happened this past weekend. I could swipe from card to card, but couldn't close them. I could get the launcher to open, but none of the icons worked. Had to pull the battery. First time since June with multiple Pre's.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

multiple times since the 1.3.1 update
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Happened to me once, was bored and wanted to see just how many apps I could open. Phone started to get laggy and froze for a while then restarted.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Since 1.3.1 I've had it freeze and crash almost daily when using the browser. It slows down to the point where it's completely non-responsive and then it reboots. This didn't happen at all before 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    My Pre goes black screen with unresponsive power button if I type on the keyboard to enter data on a web page in horizontal orientation. Easiest fix has been hold power button x few seconds then a very long reset process finally initiates. Occasionally had same issue if open or shut keyboard slider.
    I've had 3-4 episodes like you're describing. Not freezes. More like the Pre goes unresponsive and doesn't want to wake up(usually was powered off at the time) and then only way I've gotten through that was pulling the battery. I had around 80-90% even after I successfully rebooted so it's not a battery issue. It has happened before I tinkered with homebrew over this weekend so it occurred with my previously stock Pre plus. Frustrating. The rebooting process is pretty slow. I am somewhat used to this since my last phone was Blackberry 8830 and I had to pull battery often.
    Any ideas?
    Mine has been frozen all day since i updated to 1.4...cant even get it to turn on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123