1.    #1  
    I just got a large text message from a buddy which "felt" like it was over 160 characters but wasn't separated into 2 messages. Anyway to confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrill_Me007 View Post
    I just got a large text message from a buddy which "felt" like it was over 160 characters but wasn't separated into 2 messages. Anyway to confirm?
    lol. Count the letters. and there's nothing to fix, really. the 160 character count is a network limit.

and also, 1.04 is only a security update. I don't think it did anything else besides fix some security issues.
  3.    #3  
    I just remember that my blackberry would receive a split text but then merge them into one fluid text. Didn't know if the pre could do that as well.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I actually like how the Pre seperates the message and puts the heading (1 of 2) (2 of 2) at the beginning of the message.

When I get a message from friends the message just abru

ptly ends and the message continues

you get the point
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Sometimes I get part 2 of the message before I get part one. Not sure if thats just how my friends phone / network works or just random serendipity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrill_Me007 View Post
    I just remember that my blackberry would receive a split text but then merge them into one fluid text. Didn't know if the pre could do that as well.
    I loved that so much about blackberry. Too bad pre doesn't do that
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I sent a 2 part text after the update. No change on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Sometimes I get part 2 of the message before I get part one. Not sure if thats just how my friends phone / network works or just random serendipity.
    I get that a lot. Its really annoying when its more than 2 messages