Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Palm updated their site on what was changed with 1.0.4

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Not much there.
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    I just installed the translator app about 5 minutes before the upgrade... still seems to be working for me!
    Me too. Glad I did it in that order, rather than the other way around.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Dammit. No "Swipe for Pay Raise" feature yet.

BTW. Checked media player and no bookmarking or new control features and the volume sounds about the same.
    How long did it take apple to get out a 1.04 version for its iphone?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    webOS 1.0.4
    Version information New applications Feature changes to existing applications
    Version information
    Version: 1.0.4
    Release date: 29 June 2009
    Configuration: Sprint 1.6
    New applications
    No new applications in update 1.0.4

Feature changes to existing applications
    This release addresses several security issues with Palm webOS software.

Note We'd like to thank Townsend Ladd Harris for his help in identifying some of the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    It looks like viewing .PDF's from email attachments works now!
    I could never get that to work.
    So can you read larger PDF files now? I had Pre Support doc on my Pre but could never read it after page 20.

Quote Originally Posted by sipperphoto View Post
    I just installed the translator app about 5 minutes before the upgrade... still seems to be working for me!
    So, if you want a homebrew app, install before the update?
    Sweet, starting to download!
    thanks
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Was just in my haste to launch everything I normally keep open. Launch camera from the launch bar and quickly swipe up to invoke card view. Camera will open in card view for a neat effect.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    It shows the last pic I took in the background. Can't be positive, but I don't think it ever did this for me.
    Yeah, I'm seeing this too---don't remember it happening with 1.0.3. Kind of cool, but...was hoping for something a bit more useful, lol.
    Palm updated their site: Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

webOS 1.0.4

Version information

• Version: 1.0.4
    • Release date: 29 June 2009
    • Configuration: Sprint 1.6

New applications

Note We'd like to thank Townsend Ladd Harris for his help in identifying some of the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthman21 View Post
    webOS 1.0.4
    Version information New applications Feature changes to existing applications
    Version information
    Version: 1.0.4
    Release date: 29 June 2009
    Configuration: Sprint 1.6
    New applications

wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by reyalsnik View Post
    Damnit! I want my Pre right now. I want to be excited for updates too...
    same here ..when you getting yours??
    I'm going to wait to update until another way of installing homebrew apps is found...
    i like that they are coming out with updates fast but to my knowledge non of the relevant important stuff such as the cut copy, save folder for texting, forwarding text, are any of these addressed or do we know will they be for sure?

phones are like 350 on ebay so im thinking to take the jump just scared of issues like some n how my exchange would work

btw the update is not on palms site which is why we dont know whats on it
    Last edited by hotis300boy; 06/29/2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Here's a definite fix/update:

Reviewing a picture from the camera app is a little bit speedier. Prior to 1.04, when you click the photo icon in the camera app (i.e. to see the picture you just took), the screen would first switch to the photo selection screen (i.e. with "All pictures", "Camera Roll", and whatever other albums you have) and would then switch to your photo. This was a little confusing since it was a bit laggy and many people thought you had to actually tap "Camera roll" (you didn't, it would go there automatically).

Now you'll notice it goes straight from the live-view camera to the photo, perhaps a bit more quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    One problem not fixed that I'm looking forward to is the loss of formatting with replies through Exchange--the one where the previous thread is run together.

Getting the feeling that this update doesn't fix much...
    +1 That was the first thing I checked. I really hope they update this soon. I don't feel like I am going to return the phone it is just really annoying not being able to reply to emails through my exchange account. To reply I still have to go to the web, etc, etc. I am really hoping this will be in the next update.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 06/29/2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Beat me to it.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Glad I checked Precentral first.

I downloaded the update, but didn't install it, until I had the Translator and Notification homebrew apps installed.

Meanwhile, Palm closes this hole, but still no new apps.....
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    3 updates in 4 weeks now wheres the MAJOR updates Palm???
    Looks like this update is really meant to break the Home Brew applications ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast