Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Check out the camera app in card view!
    Looks the same to me, whats diff?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Just installed the translator app.....dont know if i want to update now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    Looks the same to me, whats diff?
    It shows the last pic I took in the background. Can't be positive, but I don't think it ever did this for me.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    i have it installed...dont see any new apps...however...scrolling does seem to be better...owa over eas still is a no go
    No more homebrew vs. faster Pre? Damn it Palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I updated and it works already installed...just curious as to whether or not we would be able to install at all after the update.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i love palm for making quick updates for this phone, ensuring its small and steadily growing community that PALM will take care of our concerns and imminent needs! I rather have a freshly updated and secure phone than one with tons of loop holes and potential problems (like the phone freezing ahem, not going to name any names here). Over the air update is just plain awesome too. Damn i love preeeeeee!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcigary View Post
    Yup, I believe so. I just tried installing My Notification and it didn't work. I just installed the translator about 10 minutes before I updated to 1.0.4. Looks like the Homebrew party is over!
    I installed the Translator before updating. Would you like for me to cuss Palm for you in a different language? LOL

I'm sad the install via email is gone, but glad any security hole is filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I just installed the translator app about 5 minutes before the upgrade... still seems to be working for me!
    I am updating now!
    my homebrew notifications program is still there after the update
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Updated and my homebrews I dloaded via email work 100%

Sucks there won't be any more of that happening. :-(
    I did notice a speed increase to the launcher.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Palm had to shut down the Email to install hole. Because as we all know its the few who ruin it for the many. The first time someone installs something that bricks their phone it would blasted onto every message board and tech site on the intertubes. I would imagine most folks who took the time to seek this place out would not fall for any phising attempts but Palm is looking to lock in the fat middle. And allowing a hole like that to continue would adversily effect the game plan.
    At least the installed homebrew apps sill work... I'm glad I did my installations before the update. ;-)
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    my homebrew notifications program is still there after the update
    Yeah, it doesn't look like they went on a seek-n-destroy for unauthorized apps, but they did indeed close the hole down for any more!
    The Palm site is updated - it says no new apps only security fixes. Something is better than nothing!

I also updated network settings and the PRL post-install as well...might not be any different but it can't hurt.
    The official site is updated with the change log: Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Version information

* Version: 1.0.4
    * Release date: 29 June 2009
    * Configuration: Sprint 1.6

New applications

No new applications in update 1.0.4
    Feature changes to existing applications

This release addresses several security issues with Palm webOS software.

Note We'd like to thank Townsend Ladd Harris for his help in identifying some of the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security.
    Good ol' unspecified security fixes. *grin*
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    PimpMyPre seems to still be working, but for some reason it changed my ringtone for calls to the one I set for notifications. Changed it back to my normal call ringtone and everything seems to work fine.

The phone working faster Im chopping up to a reboot during the install.
    webOS 1.0.4
    Version informationNew applicationsFeature changes to existing applications
    Version information
    ■Version: 1.0.4
    ■Release date: 29 June 2009
    ■Configuration: Sprint 1.6
    New applications
    No new applications in update 1.0.4

Feature changes to existing applications
    This release addresses several security issues with Palm webOS software.

Note We'd like to thank Townsend Ladd Harris for his help in identifying some of the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast