Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    My screen seems 2 have the ability 2 get much dimmer than b4 the update.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    On the topic of roaming, I haven't been given a clear answer from Sprint on whether or not this included roaming is for calls only or if we can roam on data as well? My Pre has roaming data disabled. Is this safe to enable without incurring additional charges or should this remain disabled? I know my dad tethered on his palm centro one week while in roaming and he got some weird verizon charges on his bank statement that were then reveresed so I am really confused on this. Anyone know?
    Thanks,
    Yes it is ok to enable data roaming.
    My keyboard seems larger after the update! I also had a scratch on the back cover and it fixed that too!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    On the topic of roaming, I haven't been given a clear answer from Sprint on whether or not this included roaming is for calls only or if we can roam on data as well? My Pre has roaming data disabled. Is this safe to enable without incurring additional charges or should this remain disabled? I know my dad tethered on his palm centro one week while in roaming and he got some weird verizon charges on his bank statement that were then reveresed so I am really confused on this. Anyone know?
    Thanks,
    Sprint will only charge you data roaming if more than half of it is in roaming areas. That being said, I have not known Sprint to actually enforce that. You just call up and they reverse charges.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/29/2009 at 04:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Jesus I hope these "AFTER THE UPDATE" jokes keep going further down hill...
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    As I was downloading the update I was lamenting my poor signal quality - 1 or 2 bars for the duration. I've also noticed over the last few days that it is very inconsistent, the signal quality will jump around from 1x, to full bars on EVDO, etc.

After the update I have full bars. Perhaps the new Sprint configuration has addressed some reception issues? Anyone else notice anything similar?
    Not for me. I go from 5 bars down to 1 pretty consistanly here at work after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Looks like this update is really meant to break the Home Brew applications ii
    Yeah, the only damn thing we have to look forward to, and they are taking that away....I'm board!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Certificate errors caused by firewall box have not been fixed in 1.0.4. This issue makes connecting to Exchange (EAS) problematic.
    The Airave signal booster is still confusing GPS location after today's update.
    Ouch. i didn't shut down my phone after the update, and my alarm volume was nil today even though it was turned all the way up. yikes. Glad i set a 2nd alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bliip1234 View Post
    The Airave signal booster is still confusing GPS location after today's update.
    i dont think this will ever be fixed, its a limitation of the airave, due to not actually picking up a sprint tower, but a "generic" tower using your wifi

so in other words, dont count on this ever being fixed
    dont know if anyone mentioned this or not.. but the vibration seems to be better..
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Just to confirm, FWIW, that the RocknRollHax still works
    RocknRollHax is no longer working for me after 1.0.4 install
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011