Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Just checked a webpage with a link that caused the cascading browsers effect: still doing that. Guess we'll have to wait for Adobe Flash for Pre.

So, really, looks like mainly a security update.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    Just to clear the air. The security issue i found had nothing to do with the email loophole to add packages. Just want people to know.

-tharris
    Oh, so YOU'RE the bastage who took away our rights!!!
    Just kidding. Glad Palm was quick to fix whatever you found.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    I am all for getting homebrew apps, but lets face it, not everyone in the world is as honest and good natured as us PRECENTRAL guys!!
    Wait. We are honest and good natured? I.. um... might be in the wrong place.
    Anyone upset that the email hack was fixed is an *****.

Those that are upset because we have yet to see any real updates or fixes are spot on.
    I just wanted to clear the air =p some others in webos-internals found all of that stuff :]
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have noticed that since the update, when the Pre is in silent mode (switch flipped) it doesn't chime anymore when set onto the Touchstone to charge. I like that. I hope other notifications are turned off when silent....
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I think you will find Average and Mean are for all intents and purposes identical when you have a pool of six billion.
    My mean and average are equal for all cases. My median is different for small samples. What kind of math are they teaching these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    My mean and average are equal for all cases. My median is different for small samples. What kind of math are they teaching these days?
    Lol. I did mean median! So, technically, I was the ****** that corrected incorrectly.
    It should be clear to anyone by now that the reason Palm has been so gracious about the Pre hacking community is that those hackers are pretty useful in detecting exploits. So far we've had two minor updates that fix glitches and security related issues, which to me are more important than adding new features (not that I don't have a list for Palm of things I'd like to see.) Keep it up hackers!
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    Just to clear the air. The security issue i found had nothing to do with the email loophole to add packages. Just want people to know.

-tharris
    Just to clear the air on my end -- it would have been ok if that was the issue. Palm really did need to close it, I just wish that when they closed the door they'd help open a window.
    I installed the 1.0.4 update but my slider is still suffering from the "Oreo effect". Dammit Palm! Get to the updates we can really use!!

Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Lol. I did mean median! So, technically, I was the ****** that corrected incorrectly.
    Um, I was told there would be no math, just ways to play Warcraft on line at my desk at work without my boss finding out!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneman29 View Post
    O shut up...u have to be patient. the phone did come out 3 weeks ago damn give it some time or return the damn phone ppl always complaining!!!
    actually 3 weeks is a long time...they should have more IM programs & the ability to change messaging tones by now.
    After all, they were able to get this "home brew stop" update out quickly....why not something more useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    1.0.4 also updated your PRL.
    Yep. PRL update.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Mine was 60652 w/1.03 and is still 60652 w/1.04
    Mine is 60652 as well, but I am pretty sure it did change from previous 60650. I usually do not update the PRL unless I am going somewhere I don't normally go. All things considered, I have not had any issues with Sprint/Palm ever, and I still don't. I was just pointing out the fun of updating and then losing EV-DO.

By the way, service is back to EV-DO. Fun cubicle lined with Pre kryptonite.
    Mine definitely was at 60652 before the 1.04 update and for that matter before the 1.03 update. I have had 60652 since I purchased the phone on June 6th and the phone was running 1.02. It was actually one of the first things I checked since I had to manually change my PRL when I had my 800w. Also, in case anyone was curious, I have had a slot cycle index of 2 the entire time as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Mine definitely was at 60652 before the 1.04 update and for that matter before the 1.03 update. I have had 60652 since I purchased the phone on June 6th and the phone was running 1.02. It was actually one of the first things I checked since I had to manually change my PRL when I had my 800w. Also, in case anyone was curious, I have had a slot cycle index of 2 the entire time as well.
    Cool thanks. I imagine that it just down to this then:

Fun cubicle lined with Pre kryptonite.
    I wanted to clear the air because i did not find that issue and those who did deserve the credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    It has been a long time since I learned any math at all. So, it would be what were they teaching back then.

But to reiterate, the median and average of six billion will differ insignificantly. My only point in raising all of this confusion was that to say most people are of less than average intelligence is illogical.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg6942 View Post
    actually 3 weeks is a long time...they should have more IM programs & the ability to change messaging tones by now.
    After all, they were able to get this "home brew stop" update out quickly....why not something more useful?
    My guess is they're working a couple of concurrent branches. These are appropriately 1.0.X releases that will be rolled into the larger 1.1.0 release with the new features.

Just because this version is available today, doesn't mean a 1.1.0 release won't come out soon (this or next week, not to start any rumors...) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    My only point in raising all of this confusion was that to say most people are of less than average intelligence is illogical.
    Agreed, perhaps just most people on internet forums!

(Sorry, I have time to kill, I'll cease and desist the hijacking...)
    On the topic of roaming, I haven't been given a clear answer from Sprint on whether or not this included roaming is for calls only or if we can roam on data as well? My Pre has roaming data disabled. Is this safe to enable without incurring additional charges or should this remain disabled? I know my dad tethered on his palm centro one week while in roaming and he got some weird verizon charges on his bank statement that were then reveresed so I am really confused on this. Anyone know?
    Thanks,
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast