1.    #1  
    I have tried this and it seems that all it does it put my pre into the lock screen you see when you power on. I thought maybe it would keep a task open for viewing (pandora) without accidently hitting a pause button or such. I like to use at gym so that would be beneficial.
    Are you talking about the ringer switch? Or something else
    That's the famous Palm "silent" switch. Kills the sound and just lets it vibrate.

I really missed this feature from my Treos ... I'm glad they kept it!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeynsoda View Post
    I have tried this and it seems that all it does it put my pre into the lock screen you see when you power on. I thought maybe it would keep a task open for viewing (pandora) without accidently hitting a pause button or such. I like to use at gym so that would be beneficial.
    Man, you mush be drinking to much whisKEY and soda.
    However, if you expect it to work like a Treo you might be surprised. It still allows alarms and user generated sound to function. Just blocks phone and alerts.
    Would be a nice added feature to have it lock the screen, similar to "other" music players.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    You guys shouldn't have answer this retarded question. By him/her just sliding it, he/she would have known. Lazy people, I swear!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Sliding the switch opens the manual, which at ~10 pages would probably keep you up all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Would be a nice added feature to have it lock the screen, similar to "other" music players.
    Seriously? The button less than an inch to the right does that .
  10.    #10  
    So thats all it does is silence the ringer, it puts a blue slash (/) on the bottom of the screen, I would of thought if its silencing the ringer it would have the international mute icon. Oh well .... Oh "Akarol" I did read pre pdf and other postings and unfortunately came up with nothing. So the flip side is I gave something for you to do today by *****ing at me instead of wasting time finding the end of the internet. Happy hunting for your next forum user who slips up.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Oh "Akarol"...So the flip side is I gave something for you to do today by *****ing at me instead of wasting time finding the end of the internet. Happy hunting for your next forum user who slips up.
    Hahaha!!!
    WOW!!!! LMAo Play nice now.
    It opens a door way to a magical world filled with rainbows and unicorns and sea otters that talk to you and sing a happy song!
    Now that was very nice. Happy thoughts.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    It opens a door way to a magical world filled with rainbows and unicorns and sea otters that talk to you and sing a happy song!
    Good to know. Unicorns give me nightmares.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    wow this is hilarious! you guys are crazy lol. well that made my night
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    If you flick that switch 50 times it reveals ten secret apps. However you need to flick it quite fast and in a row
    Quote Originally Posted by jabou View Post
    If you flick that switch 50 times it reveals ten secret apps. However you need to flick it quite fast and in a row
    What ever you do, do NOT do this! This will send you to the forbidden zone where jobou resides and feeds on those who have sought shelter in his abode!
    So thats all it does is silence the ringer, it puts a blue slash (/) on the bottom of the screen, I would of thought if its silencing the ringer it would have the international mute icon. Oh well .... Oh "Akarol" I did read pre pdf and other postings and unfortunately came up with nothing. So the flip side is I gave something for you to do today by *****ing at me instead of wasting time finding the end of the internet. Happy hunting for your next forum user who slips up.
    You're very observant

That blue slash sits over the volume icon when it appears. If that doesn't explain "mute" to you, then maybe flicking it back on and seeing the volume bar appear again would have? I guess not.