Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed that weather.com has changed their design of the iphone web page? The design sucks now, and the only page I knew with an ANIMATED weather radar is gone. Any alternatives now?
    get on a real computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    get on a real computer.
    No. Oalm needs to fix their browser and allow animated gifs and many other things so sites like I.wund work
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that weather.com has changed their design of the iphone web page? The design sucks now, and the only page I knew with an ANIMATED weather radar is gone. Any alternatives now?
    If you give it time to load, the radar is animated. Or maybe you just don't have any rain in your area at the moment and it appears static. It's animated in my zip (32211).
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    try accuweather.com, not the mobile and not the app.
    it scrolls & shows the animated radar.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoresrock View Post
    get on a real computer.
    Thank you for that incredibly un-constructive response.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    If you give it time to load, the radar is animated. Or maybe you just don't have any rain in your area at the moment and it appears static. It's animated in my zip (32211).
    Look at that, it's working now. About an hour ago, it was only showing a static image of the radar, but it is working now.
    I will also try accuweather.com
    I will also try accuweather.com
    I was forced to the mobile site when I tried accuweather. Sucked.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Right you are :-( .....I really liked the old (read: yesterday) page.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    If you go to the regular weather.com pages and click the link for the Original Radar Map right under the radar, it will work perfectly....especially in landscape!
    I tried to go to weather.com/iphone just now on my desktop and it says:

"We're sorry, the page that you requested requires a Safari browser."

On my Pre it redirects to another page.

Weather.com has locked down the page for only Apple users.

That is f#$cking weak.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Yeah, the iphone page is still there, just not for us.. Punks.
    If you visit weather.com/iphone via Google Chrome it works fine.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    If you go to the regular weather.com pages and click the link for the Original Radar Map right under the radar, it will work perfectly....especially in landscape!
    The mobile page we're now being redirected to is okay. You can double tap the radar to zoom in and it looks okay.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Right you are :-( .....I really liked the old (read: yesterday) page.
    I like the new one, personally.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I like the new one, personally.
    No way, the old one was fluid and just worked nicely. This one is convoluted and not nearly as polished. Why the hell did weather.com do this?
    Perhaps it has something to do with iPhone 3.0 coming out?
    No way, the old one was fluid and just worked nicely. This one is convoluted and not nearly as polished. Why the hell did weather.com do this?
    Most likely the wadded panties of an Apple exec complaint.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I scrolled down and touched maps and then brought up local map an if i watch the time stamp it is active so now you just need to do a few steps instead of just touching a single icon it is actually better with more options this way.
    Whatever page I'm redirected to works fine. Radar is updating, although being in SoCal in June there's not terribly much to see. Have no idea what I'm missing from the "real" iPhone page, but this works for me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Seems OK to me, but I liked not having to scroll on the old page. Maybe we'll get a nice Weather Channel app someday.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast