Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    The EV-DO icon changes subtly depending on signal strength and usage. Sometimes it's dark with light font. Sometimes its light with dark font. There are probably other combinations...

Does anyone have a key or an understanding of what each version of the symbol means?

Thanks
    Brett
    I've the same question, but was too afraid to ask. hehehe
    I believe light with dark font means no data currently being sent/received, and dark with light font means data currently being sent/received.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I believe light with dark font means no data currently being sent/received, and dark with light font means data currently being sent/received.
    correct. color has nothing to do with signal
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Thats correct. Now the EVDO vs evdo non caps i don't understand

FYI 1X (slower than EVDO) is non EVDO <- doesn't mean its roaming, just that there isn't a EVDO connection.
    I've only ever seen "Ev", and not "EV". Or I just haven't paid that close attention to whether the v was capital or not.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    so, 1x would be "G" as opposed to "3g" Live in Puyallup, Wa. Pretty good coverage out here. Have only had 1x once, was still usable.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    so, 1x would be "G" as opposed to "3g" Live in Puyallup, Wa. Pretty good coverage out here. Have only had 1x once, was still usable.
    1x would be 2G.