Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I saw a bunch of threads discussing the lack of backup for the Web browser bookmarks.

Here's my DIY solution...
    Using my free web page from my ISP (Comcast), I created a links page.
    I basically put all my Pre's web bookmarks as links. I don't know how to properly format a page for mobile viewing, so I used 72-pt font, to make the links easily readable and clickable.

I bookmarked this page from the browser, then saved it to the Launcher. Then, I replaced the browser icon in the Quick Launch bar with my new bookmark.

I can add any picture I want to the page and use that as the icon. (You could probably find the original browser icon online and use that, but I used a pic of my kid).

I can't add links to that page on the fly, but I can bookmark them on the Pre, then edit my links page from my desktop at home.

Next time I have to reset the phone, I won't lose everything. Worst case, I have to re-make the launcher icon for my links page.

I don't get the browser's "home" page with all the icons, but I can edit my page however I like.

Just wanted to share my solution (until Palm allows us to backup bookmarks)
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I use Xmarks at home, then I can access all my bookmarks from any web enabled device. You can add new bookmarks to xmarks from the web interface so I just copy the url from the address bar and paste it into xmarks.

I just set it as my home page. It also automatically opens links in a new card so my bookmarks stay easilly accessible and there's not a bunch of back gesturing.
    Do you have to keep logging in to the site everytime you goto it? I save it as an icon on my launcher and it brings me back to the login in page.
    I did a full erase on my phone a week or two ago and all my bookmarks were restored when it synced with the palm profile.
    I did a bunch of phone swaps for a technical issue and my bookmarks came back every time. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $bookmarks$ $are$ $saved$ $in$ $your$ $Palm$ $Profile$.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    That was new with WebOS 1.2 or 1.3. It's much nicer than recreating them. (and easier than my DIY solution from last summer)
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    That was new with WebOS 1.2 or 1.3. It's much nicer than recreating them. (and easier than my DIY solution from last summer)
    Whoops! I did forget to mention that it's a relatively new addition to the Profile. Thanks.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"