1.    #1  
    So im on my second pre, everything was going great until last night. my battery was just about dead, went to the nice big red battery sign, so i plugged it in. I unplug it this morning to discover that the Light above the camera that acts as a flash is on. I did some prowling through my phone and could not figure out what was wrong. i tried taking pictures with and without the flash but it did not change anything. Im incredibly frustrated as the battery life on this guy is bad enough without this little problem. Im thinking of returning it, as im thinking its a hardware issue. I turned off the phone and the light was on. i took the battery out and as soon as i put it back in the light turned on. My guess is to cross my fingers for that warranty and hope the sprint store has one! Does anyone have any suggestions to fix it or has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by p4rtridge; 06/29/2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Clarity.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Maybe backup your data, then do a partial or full erase?
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Last edited by qbngator; 06/29/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Doesn't sound like he's running any sort of third-party app, but merely that the LED that serves as a flash is stuck on.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Seems obvious, but try turning it off completely (not just screen off), and then back on.
    I'd actually like to know if there is a way to turn the LED into a flashlight. My old Motorola Q had this feature and I used it all the time.
    weird. did you get it figured out?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    I'd actually like to know if there is a way to turn the LED into a flashlight. My old Motorola Q had this feature and I used it all the time.
    Yes, but it requires rooting. See this thread in the Homebrew forum: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...s-rooting.html