Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I installed SplashID on my Pre and I transfered all my data and I'm adding more new data every day. My question is: Is my data been backed up every night to the Palm servers? Do I need to backup my Palm Pre folders to make sure I don't lose anything? Now the stupid question: I'm guessing everything that I see when I connect the Pre through USB to my computer is everything that I have stored on my Pre? Just like on a regular computer with a hard drive? There is nothing saved on ROM memory like on the Treos right?
    Nope, SplashID data is not backed up, sorry.
    Let's hope this is just temporary!
    Ya m8, the backup doesn't backup any data from Splash I'd. Had to exchange mine last week and had to reinput everything. Hope it dose get fixed.
    Maintain the data in SplashID Desktop and do the export/import process of getting it onto the Pre, then you'll always have a backup.
    Look for thread with toysync or synctoy. I'm on stairclimber @ gym or Ild post link. Anyway, backup the entire Pre to your PC. Then when all these programs get out of beta we can rely on palm profile.
    I tried to import the data and nothing seemed to happen. I copied the VID file and see the file after pressing import while in the SplashID app. The file appears. I have tried pressing on the VID file and the app immediately reverts back to the sample data.

No processing, message or anything. I was expecting to see something and saw nothing.

Any ideas? I am on v 3.36 of the desktop application. If I upgrade, to the 4.0x version, do I have to pay for it?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I tried to import the data and nothing seemed to happen. I copied the VID file and see the file after pressing import while in the SplashID app. The file appears. I have tried pressing on the VID file and the app immediately reverts back to the sample data.

No processing, message or anything. I was expecting to see something and saw nothing.

Any ideas? I am on v 3.36 of the desktop application. If I upgrade, to the 4.0x version, do I have to pay for it?
    Go to the desktop app and clean up all your fieldnames. Make sure there are none with junk or commas. I spent like 2 hours doing this and got it working.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I went to thier site and I do not see the version for the Palm Pre for the desktop.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    A new version is out that should improve importing. And notes now import!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I wish it worked like RoboForm, where it fills in your details automatically on a website once it is stored....
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    The new version imports so much smoother and faster. Just remember if you re-import data, delete all SplashID records on your Pre first.
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Do Notes display the proper line breaks too now?
    Line breaks in notes do not break properly from what I can tell.
    It's fast, doesn't bring of garbage (extra symbols), and it brought over my notes. I am well please. It is so quick, I can stop keep a list of what I've updated in splash and simply update all the files.
    Darn...my wife just exchanged her Pre and I guess I have to re-import all of her data. Thanks for the tip. I have added some records since my original import so I need to export it...wait, I cant export it from the Pre! This blows!!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    The new version imports so much smoother and faster. Just remember if you re-import data, delete all SplashID records on your Pre first.
    What website are you all looking at? From splashdata.com I am showing Palm OS, Windows OS, iPhone support, etc. When it gives phones supported, I don't see the Pre or WebOS. Thanks.

Cheers
    Originally posted by Mike5:
    What website are you all looking at? From splashdata.com I am showing Palm OS, Windows OS, iPhone support, etc. When it gives phones supported, I don't see the Pre or WebOS. Thanks.

Cheers
    To get applications for your Pre, you go to the App Catalog on your phone.
    Although it is a good idea to keep the desktop client updated, I am not always there when I need to capture information (which is one of the reasons I have the software on my phone). It is a pain, at best, to sync back and forth -- especially with a phone that takes advantage of "the cloud". I know, I know, all in good time.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    They just upgraded it... anyone know where to find release notes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast