Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Not sure what they did in the update now I can at least import my .vid file. Was 400 plus records if anyone has had similar issues. Also should note that setting a password does NOT work and scrambles the data. Not happy about that, but at least I have my data there now and don't have to find my pc.
    So basically we have to download the standalone desktop (no sync) and export the VID or CSV file to the Pre via USB?
    There is no spoon
    After updating; delete all records on Pre and re-import from your desktop application (previous users). Now all the notes will show up - cool, I use the notes extensively. If you don't delete records, you end up with duplicates.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Since installing the update I can no longer add any records. The "Save" button highlights momentarily but does nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Same behavior here - add does not appear to work after update
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Me too after the 0.4.7 update. I e-mailed them about it.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    To get applications for your Pre, you go to the App Catalog on your phone.
    I understand that & I have the SplashID app on my Pre so let me be more clear.

Many on this Forum are saying as a back up & for ease of transfer of data, they are using SplashID Desktop. When I look up the Desktop version, I am not showing a link that transfers data to the Pre or WebOs. Other phones & operating systems are specifically referenced.

Hope that makes it more clear. Cheers & thanks for any help.
    So how do we manually get the info from the desktop to the Pre?
    There is no spoon
    The only way currently to get data from SplashID Desktop to the Pre is to export a vID or CSV file from SplashID Desktop (make sure it is not password protected), copy the file via USB mode to the Pre, open SplashID on the Pre and select Import. Once the import is successful you can then delete the vID/CSV file you brought over to the Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12