1.    #1  
    I have been a Winmo User and heavy modder for a couple of years and im ready to take the leap to the Palm Pre but i would like to ask about a few features i have on my WinMo device what i would miss if i dont have on the Pre so i would like to see if the Pre has or will have them....

1- Web downloading.... Can it be done??? I like to download music from the device among other things so i would like to know if i can somehow do this on the Pre?? [_____]

2-Is there a file manager?? to organize your files or store them when downloaded... [_____]

3- Flash support on browser [CHECK] (later this year)

4- Apps apps apps [CHECK] (same as above)

5- Video camera [CHECK] (software update)

...........thats it for now, ill add more questions when i come up with them lol, thanx to all and i hope to join you soon with my future Pre
    Yes.

media viewer but no file manager as yet i believe

Flash 10 Coming to all smart phones by the end of the year apart from the iphone i believe

coming

coming
    I came from WinMo, did a lot of mods, no roms, but LOVE it.
    It is new, many say Beta. You cannot do any changes at this point in time, which I miss a little, but will do in future when SDK for apps comes out. The usable apps will come, or you can download Classic ($$) and use old Palm programs, many of which are same or similar to Windows. Thousands to choose from

Wiki Dev has a few hackers, but I won't go there.

However, what I do not miss is maintaining my phone. No crashes, no freezes, no soft resets, no cleaning out memory to keep it running, etc., etc.
    That is wonderful.

If you have to mod and play with Windows, you might wait. If you want an easy to use phone that is MUCH quicker on web, email, downloads actual readable emails, notifications that work, etc., you will love the change.

I have much more free time to do other things
  4.    #4  
    thanx for the answers guys, quick question. Can email attachments be downloaded or opened?? or do we need a file manager created first to do so?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The capability to do web downloads has been built in to the browser, but commented out by the Palm developers. I would take this as evidence that the feature IS coming, but is not ready yet. My guess would be that it's not ready yet because they have also not yet released a way to manage those files.

So there's questions 1 & 2.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    thanx for the answers guys, quick question. Can email attachments be downloaded or opened?? or do we need a file manager created first to do so?
    If there is an app to open them (such as PDF or .DOC files) then they will open. If not, you will get an error ("No application associated with this file").