Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holding on to mine until at least September. If something goes bad, I will demand a unit with ZERO issues. Glad they are addressing any issues.
    Mine was from Launch Day and pretty solid build. The wife's 1st Pre didn't charge at times but solid build. The 2nd had some serious Gap/Wobble issues along with the letter "E" on the keyboard inoperative. The 3rd was solid as a rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver View Post
    Also one other thing to think about (with all my other rambling) is they may have tightened their QC processes so fewer defective devices are getting out.
    that and the assembly line workers have probably gotten used to how they should be put together. IMHO, the pictures and videos of the ones with the slider gaps and wobbly screens are probably the result of someone putting it together wrong and the QC people not catching it.
    Mine was purchased on Launch day with a build date of 5/20/09. My husband picked his up 6/27/09 with a build date of 6/19/09. What does ACTDATE stand for? Mine shows 1/1/05, but my husbands shows the date we picked his up. If mine hadn't been so long ago I would think it was the activation date.
    My first was solid... for a week (build date 5/25)... the new one is MUCH worse with that. Wobbles and twists all over the place (Build date 6/20)...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Mine was purchased on Launch day with a build date of 5/20/09. My husband picked his up 6/27/09 with a build date of 6/19/09. What does ACTDATE stand for? Mine shows 1/1/05, but my husbands shows the date we picked his up. If mine hadn't been so long ago I would think it was the activation date.
    I was wondering the same thing...my ACTDATE is 1/1/05 also, I bought it at a Radio Shack on 6/12/09.
    My newer one is better too. Feels a lot less wobbly and fragile, and there is no squeak like the first one had when you typed on the keyboard. Oh yeah, and no dead pixels on the new one either. (my first one had several.)I think it said around July 3.
    I really need a full backup/restore option even if it involves root.

I want to exchange mine but really do not want to have to set everything up again. I have it tweaked.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    How do you find the ACTDATE, I don't see it in device info?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    How do you find the ACTDATE, I don't see it in device info?
    goto phone and put in ##786#. its the 3rd item on the list
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12