Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found it a little weird about the email landscape view...type in RocknRollHax and it works? what the heck? I feel like I should be learning Playstation codes again, but for my Pre! If the phone has that capabilitly make it functional and not have all of us having to find the top secret code breaking password! What's next...Palm is putting out a book titled "Top secret hacks for your Palm Pre"?

I LOVE my Palm Pre, but wish some of these secret functionalities they'd just make FUNCTIONAL!! Do they just keep them held back for future updates so we all get thrilled and happy when something new pops up that has been there all along and just hidden from us? Praise Palm for coming out with a new update B.S.?
    Last edited by libraryguy72; 06/28/2009 at 08:48 PM.
    Stop whining, it took Apple 2 years to add landscape email to the iPhone. At least you can do it today with a simple hack and I assume an update soon.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Where exactly do you type the code to get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Where exactly do you type the code to get it to work?
    http://www.precentral.net
  5.    #5  
    OK, not whining, it's in the phone ALREADY!! it's not a hack, it doesn't need to be developed, it's THERE ALREADY!! u just need to type in the top secret word.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    I assume an update soon.
    you said exactly the b.s. i was pointing out...a function that's already there that they'll make available in an update.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks, now why in the heck isn't that already built into the phone?
    Its not working for meeee =(((((
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    Its not working for meeee =(((((
    are you holding down the cap button when typing the capital letters? I was making the mistake of holding down the orange button at first. LOL
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Too bad it doesn't stick permanently.
    either I cant read or spell because this is not working for me
    Nevermind I had to rotate the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Thanks, now why in the heck isn't that already built into the phone?
    Maybe the code wasn't finished or perfected yet. They began coding for the feature but had to stop to focus on releasing the product as bug free as possible. Good news it it'll come in an update.
    This is great - Thank goodness we can simply minimize the mail app and this way only type in code occasionally until they implement into OS as a standard feature.

How does someone figure this out??
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This is awesome. These codes that Palm uses are so cool.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    The probable reason some of these aren't out yet, is simply because they may not yet be thoroughly tested. The leak out the codes so that they can have testers test it up and see if it is functional. Based on that likely they can fix it up and then release it.
    Doesn't work for me. Oh well.
    It took me like 20 tries to get it to work but it does eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    It took me like 20 tries to get it to work but it does eventually.
    You're right...I kept trying and it works!
    Woot! Got it to work! And the back gesture still works sideways, although I guess its a down gesture in that case. Woottt!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast