Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Stop whining, it took Apple 2 years to add landscape email to the iPhone. At least you can do it today with a simple hack and I assume an update soon.
    STFU fanboy....ya,ya,ya I know it took apple 2 yrs to make the iphone what it is today...do you have any clue, I don't think you burned too many brain cells for that intuitive reply.

To the OP, I am also curious as to why these features are hidden! And why so many basic features were not completed...Beta? There I go again with that 4 letter word.....
    Mine use to work with the code first try. Now it stopped and I cannot get it back... bummed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLC1 View Post
    Mine use to work with the code first try. Now it stopped and I cannot get it back... bummed.
    I have this problem also sometimes. If I reset the Pre and try again, it works.
    Fascinating that someone would complain that Palm is enabling a "beta" feature for folks who want to take the risk of system instability (which we surely are). The only other reasonable option is to simply not enable such features, it's certainly not to enable them for everyone when they're not ready.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Resetting the phone worked for me. All is back to normal.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Here's how I got to work every time: You need to hold down the shift key with the capitals simultaneously. Like this: shift+R, o, c, k, n, shift+R, o, l, l, shift+H, a, x.

Cool tip! Seems like there's a virtual keyboard in development here.
    Kinda late bump, but does this still work on the newest version of the Pre? just picked up and Pre and am playing with all the little knicks knacks with the phone. I tried it from the main screen like its showing in this Engadget picture here:

mobile.engadget.com/2009/07/01/frustratingly-long-secret-code-enables-totally-useful-landscape
    Didnt work tho
    Nope. I believe they removed it in 1.2.1. There's a patch that you can use to enable landscape email without typing the code.
    I apologize for being an *****, but where do you type in the "RocknRollHax"? I opened the email app and just started typing next to the magnifying glass but nothing really happened. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_2007 View Post
    Kinda late bump, but does this still work on the newest version of the Pre? just picked up and Pre and am playing with all the little knicks knacks with the phone. I tried it from the main screen like its showing in this Engadget picture here:

mobile.engadget.com/2009/07/01/frustratingly-long-secret-code-enables-totally-useful-landscape
    Didnt work tho
    Yes, the easter egg code still works. I just tried it on my Pre with the 1.3.1 upgrade and it worked just fine.

Edit: I really need to start looking at post dates
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Nope. I believe they removed it in 1.2.1. There's a patch that you can use to enable landscape email without typing the code.
    Ditto. It stopped working for me, too.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I tried it literally one minute before my last post and I have just tried it again this moment. The easter egg works for me with the 1.3.1 upgrade installed on a bone stock Pre. I'd look for another reason why it stopped working.
    Just an FYI: The RocknRollHax easter egg still works with the 1.3.5 upgrade installed on my wife's Pre as well as my own. Try hitting the enter key after typing it in if it doesn't take right away.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 01/04/2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Just an FYI: The RocknRollHax easter egg still works with the 1.3.5 upgrade installed on my wife's Pre as well as my own. Try hitting the enter key after typing it in if it doesn't take right away.
    How exactly are you doing it? Mine is a bone stock pre as well, but where do you actually enter it? Do you have to open an email then hit RocknRollHax ? or search right from the start? a tutorial for the stupid please!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123