Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Here's how I got this to work:

1- If you have any mail notifications, clear them
    2- Close the mail app
    3- Open it again
    4- Before doing anything else, type "RocknRollHax" without the quotes, spelled exactly like that
    5- Turn your phone on it's side.

If the display rotates, then it worked. If it didn't rotate, I don't know what to tell you.

THERE IS NO OTHER INDICATION THAT THIS WORKED-- no pop-up, sound etc. If it works, the only way you know is that you turn your phone and the display moves with you.

It seems like if I use any of the mail functions before entering the code, it won't work, but I'm 3 for 3 using the method described above.

Cool side note-- if you tip the forward phone far enough, it will eventually display anything that adjusts upside-down. Useful for letting someone else see the screen without letting someone else get their grimy fingerprints on your sleek machine.
    For a book to be created were gonna need more than 2 codes...
    You know if Pam had made a square screen we pain in the *** users -like me-would not have to ask stupid questions like this!

Thanks for the RocknRollHax Neat

One thing I discovered before I got this is that until the G Mail app is made-Instead of installing G mail as a mail client-log on with the browser and G mail/m has much more functionality and also you can use it in landscape as well as portrait

How about the following: as in the enemy I Phone

The following applications support both portrait and landscape orientation:
    􀂐 Mail-code RocknRollHax
    􀂐 Safari-got it
    􀂐 Messages-nice to have
    􀂐 Notes-not needed
    􀂐 Contacts-nice to have
    􀂐 Stocks-who needs that-no money
    􀂐 ipod-whats that-o yeah
    􀂐 Photos-has it
    􀂐 Camera-has it
    􀂐 Calculator-who needs it
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Here's how I got this to work:

1- If you have any mail notifications, clear them
    2- Close the mail app
    3- Open it again
    4- Before doing anything else, type "RocknRollHax" without the quotes, spelled exactly like that
    5- Turn your phone on it's side.

If the display rotates, then it worked. If it didn't rotate, I don't know what to tell you.

THERE IS NO OTHER INDICATION THAT THIS WORKED-- no pop-up, sound etc. If it works, the only way you know is that you turn your phone and the display moves with you.

It seems like if I use any of the mail functions before entering the code, it won't work, but I'm 3 for 3 using the method described above.

Cool side note-- if you tip the forward phone far enough, it will eventually display anything that adjusts upside-down. Useful for letting someone else see the screen without letting someone else get their grimy fingerprints on your sleek machine.
    Also gesture area scrolling breaks as soon as you go into a new scene(screen).
    Tried 20 times and it doesn't work. I must be illiterate. Yes I am using the shift key, not Orange button.
    Nevermind... worked on the 21st try.
    Would be nice for pdf/doc viewers...
    I think this is quite a cool feature.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Pretty cool feature, thanks.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Worked first time for me, and continues to work if you minimize and move on to other apps. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Nevermind I had to rotate the phone
    OMG, you rock!!! Thanks for the great laugh!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Wow - worked for me the first time - but it seems to have to be done every time you open the mail program...

What a weird thing to hide... anyone know of a way to make it the default behavior of the program?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Have you been able to still get it to work after 1.0.4 update? I can't get it to work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Have you been able to still get it to work after 1.0.4 update? I can't get it to work anymore.
    Yup. Make sure you are using shift and not orange. Sometimes I hit the orange and don't even realize it.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Yup. Make sure you are using shift and not orange. Sometimes I hit the orange and don't even realize it.
    I think your email fixed it
    awesome!

yeah, it doesn't stick, but you could always just leave the card open...HELLO! we have that capability...haha
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    i luv this tip. makes it so much easier to operate with
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I want to thank all responsible for tthis but props to jsabo I tried this about 20 times couldn't get to work until reading yours. And yes I am gonna root so I can tether may need a new phone if it takes me this long to get this right!!!! Thanks again
    i think this is another example of palm testing functionality for the eventual inclusion of an onscreen keyboard. honestly, how useful is an email in landscape if you have to reorient to respond. frankly, i imagine that there will be an OS update near black friday which releases an onscreen keyboard and uses this landscape functionality (provided Apple's IP property over the onscreen text is settled by then)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    It works and I am happy that we at least have this option, the only thing I'm not happy about is that its not permanent. It goes away and you gotta type it up again.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast