Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im amazed how many threads are on this board with people whining about build quality, lack of apps, sprint sucks, boo hoo hoo. Did none of you people research your purchase before spending ~$200+ on the phone then ~$55+ a month for service and entering into a 2 year contract?

I had an issue with my phone, guess what I returned it and got a new one. I didnt need to call sprint 100x I didnt need to threaten anyone. I called stores near me, told them my situation and found a store that could help me.

I think some people just love to nitpick and find things wrong with their phone, sprint etc and just whine about it. Maybe its just me but its a cell phone, its not that big of a deal in my life for me to get that worked up over. A dead pixel wont ruin my day Im happy that Im fortunate enough to afford a nice luxury.

Mods feel free to delete this but I thought some positivity would be nice to go along with all of the crybabying on here.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    You hit it right buddy. I'm with you.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Mods feel free to delete this but I thought some positivity would be nice to go along with all of the crybabying on here.
    People are discussing a product they purchased.
    You are criticizing PEOPLE who are discussing a product they purchased.

Where exactly is the positivity and maturity you are claiming to possess?
    Im amazed how many threads are on this board with people whining about build quality, lack of apps, sprint sucks, boo hoo hoo.

DEFINE IRONY: Starting a thread with a whiney, self-absorbed post about how much you hate whiney, self-absorbed members of these forums. Maybe you could start another thread about how awful it is that people start threads like this one!
    Man, you sure got that right!!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    DEFINE IRONY: Starting a thread with a whiney, self-absorbed post about how much you hate whiney, self-absorbed members of these forums. Maybe you could start another thread about how awful it is that people start threads like this one!
    I asked why there needs to be 30 of them, I mainly read this board for the hacks, tweaks etc. Yes maybe this did come off self absorbed however everyone now knows the limitations and issues of this phone. Nothing is new its the same thing rehashed over and over ad naseum. It seems that many people cant figure out that some people that work at Sprnt actually care and some are there just to punch a clock like every other company. The store I originally bought the phone from wouldnt return it. I found one that would and sent an email to Sprint corp headquarters complaining about the original store and complimenting the store that returned it. Very simple.

I bought the phone knowing their would be growing pains, the same thing when I first purchased the iPhone. There was no cut and paste, apps, MMS etc and there were people who bought it who were stunned that the phone didnt come with those features.

Some people dont understand what it means to buy a 1st gen product and the growing pains that come along with them.
    Last edited by chrissurra; 06/28/2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I asked why there needs to be 30 of them, I mainly read this board for the hacks, tweaks etc. Yes maybe this did come off self absorbed however everyone now knows the limitations and issues of this phone. Nothing is new its the same thing rehashed over and over ad naseum.

I bought the phone knowing their would be growing pains, the same thing when I first purchased the iPhone. There was no cut and paste, apps, MMS etc and there were people who bought it who were stunned that the phone didnt come with those features.

Some people dont understand what it means to buy a 1st gen product and the growing pains that come along with them.
    I agree with you. There are way too many threads that are the same. I come here to learn about the Pre and things to come. I wish all of these threads of people complaining about Sprint or the known issues with the Pre could be merged into one big thread. There is no need to have 100 threads about the samething.
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    I agree with you. There are way too many threads that are the same. I come here to learn about the Pre and things to come. I wish all of these threads of people complaining about Sprint or the known issues with the Pre could be merged into one big thread. There is no need to have 100 threads about the samething.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the "whining" or frequency of complaints. I'm sure Palm monitors this forum, and other forums like it. The Pre does have its faults, and without complaints being voiced, Palm might take longer to fix these faults or never even fix them at all. There are probably many companies that would love to have a way to research customer feedback like they can simply by viewing these forums. For all we know, Palm is prioritizing corrections based on the frequency of complaints, so getting people to stop complaining might delay some of our most concerned faults with the Pre (lack of ability to search email is my #1, you reading this Palm?!). You never know...

Anyways, it doesn't kill you to just skip a thread. Besides, whining about people whining is just more whining...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Im amazed how many threads are on this board with people whining about build quality, lack of apps, sprint sucks, boo hoo hoo. Did none of you people research your purchase before spending ~$200+ on the phone then ~$55+ a month for service and entering into a 2 year contract?

I had an issue with my phone, guess what I returned it and got a new one. I didnt need to call sprint 100x I didnt need to threaten anyone. I called stores near me, told them my situation and found a store that could help me.

I think some people just love to nitpick and find things wrong with their phone, sprint etc and just whine about it. Maybe its just me but its a cell phone, its not that big of a deal in my life for me to get that worked up over. A dead pixel wont ruin my day Im happy that Im fortunate enough to afford a nice luxury.

we purchased a 300 dollar phone and expect it to be solid and in great working condition...

not everyone here has great customer service when it comes to returning their pre, alright? people were able to exchange it once and had problems exchanging it again after their second had more problems...

it is just YOU apparently. to you its just cell phone but for others its more than just a cell phone.

people have their own needs and interests. they can get worked up with whatever they want

yes, to be grateful to have the phone. you spent 300 dollars on a phone so you want NO dead pixels.. you want it perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    yeah thats why i joined... my SAT teacher got mad at me for texting then saw i had a pre and focused 15 minutes of the class on my phone! haha, she told me to look around the internet to get full use of my phone...

i'm just not a fan of sprint's CS or most of their employees at the stores! my family is premier and it took four visits and five calls to CS before they ordered me a replacement! and this isn't the only phone i've had problems with... i mean who hasn't had errors with their other phones?
    From your other post, if correct, were lucky to get a replacement with tweaks made to it so fortunate that you didnt have to go as many rounds as many that have gone two... three... four pres. Otherwise after three exhanges, you're tone may be different as it is now.

As is it, glad you hear you got a good replacement. Hope the others will be as lucky and if I were them, would try to get the newer phones too before their 30 days is up.

Yea man I am with you on this one.. People need to stop freaking complaining on these forums.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the "whining" or frequency of complaints. I'm sure Palm monitors this forum, and other forums like it. The Pre does have its faults, and without complaints being voiced, Palm might take longer to fix these faults or never even fix them at all. There are probably many companies that would love to have a way to research customer feedback like they can simply by viewing these forums. For all we know, Palm is prioritizing corrections based on the frequency of complaints, so getting people to stop complaining might delay some of our most concerned faults with the Pre (lack of ability to search email is my #1, you reading this Palm?!). You never know...

Anyways, it doesn't kill you to just skip a thread. Besides, whining about people whining is just more whining...
    Point to where I said people couldnt whine, I asked why they all feel they are so important that it warrants an entire new thread every time. Merge them all together and let Palm read them. When I come here and look at todays posts and there are 15 complaint threads and 2 about how to make the phone better its not a good user experience.

Im not saying people dont have the right to gripe Im saying that someone creating a new thread over and over about the same issues when all they have to do is add it to the multiple other threads.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Yea man I am with you on this one.. People need to stop freaking complaining on these forums.
    I am thinking that the latest builds do have some fix for the build quality we have seen on the first batch.

that being said... do you think that if it werent for all the complaints, because you know they do read the forums, that maybe posting all these issues... and yes, complaints... could have had a part in them making changes so quickly?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post

I don't mind the complaining too much...it's just when I see like 5 or so threads about how much Sprint CS sucks or I'm returning my Pre. There is no need to have multiple threads about the same thing. Just merge the threads that are similar into one big thread. That way everything stays organized.

Now I do agree that this thread is no different though. I think the OP maybe should have expressed his concerns to the administrator of the site like I'm sure many of us have or will do so soon.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Point to where I said people couldnt whine, I asked why they all feel they are so important that it warrants an entire new thread every time. Merge them all together and let Palm read them. When I come here and look at todays posts and there are 15 complaint threads and 2 about how to make the phone better its not a good user experience.

Im not saying people dont have the right to gripe Im saying that someone creating a new thread over and over about the same issues when all they have to do is add it to the multiple other threads.
    Point to where I said that you said people couldn't whine. I merely said you criticized them (calling them "crybabies" is quite a criticism, is it not?) and criticized the frequency of those threads.

Like I said, it doesn't kill you to skip those threads. When Palm starts fixing these issues there will be less of them, I'm sure. I guess it wouldn't have killed me to skip this thread! Crikey!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    The things that have happened to people on this board have not happened to you. If they'd happened to me, I'd be pretty pissed. They haven't yet, but I am preparing myself for the day I must contact customer service and some of these complaints will take the edge off when it does happen. I've already had a small sampling of this when I logged on to check the status of my rebate, and I was greeted with a message telling me that my rebate has been declined due to the fact that I failed to mail a copy of my receipt. I did include a copy of my receipt and I'm sure that this situation will be rectified. However, if its not, you could understand why I'd be a little annoyed, as I am sure OP would. If not, then you have more money to throw away than me my friend. In conclusion, whining about whining:
    Pot, kettle...
    Funny thing for me is that there are probably 100's of millions of sites on the internet, yet there are, maybe, only a couple of dozen that are appropriate to discuss (at length) anything about the Palm Pre.

Using the logic of this thread, any complaint, problem, discontent, etc. should be done somewhere else. Wow, where would that place be.

The fact is, no one bought a Palm Pre and a 2-year contact intending to have a signal, customer service, software, or physical hardware problem with their Pre.

The fact that some have real issues, or others are just a little nit-picky is not a sin, nor a reason to banish them from one of the few sites that actually talk about the Pre (good or bad).

No one requires a guest or registered member to read every post. If you don't like it a post, read another. Go read a book, or watch some Tv, or just find a thread that mirrors your opinion so that you don't have to tolerate the views of others.

I have a Pre and I am taking it back tomorrow or Tuesday. I think it is a really cool product. My problem is that Sprint just doesn't have a reliable tower network in my area. It is no one's fault.

I am either getting an Iphone, or just buying an Ipod Itouch and going back to my Verizon flip-phone.

In my opinion, the voice signal by Verizon is incomparable. Everything else at Verizon sucks -- cs, costs, etc. I think the data plan at Sprint is incomparable, however, it has to work all the time or it is of no value.

I'm leaning toward an iphone, but it damned well better work in my area (both voice and data), or it, too, will be going back. Like I said, I might get reduced to a Verizon flip-phone and an itouch to approach what I wanted in my Pre.

Again, all this was my opinion -- on a site, in a forum, and in a thread that seems appropriate for the subject matter. Hope I wasn't wrong.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast