Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    As a professional head shrinker then let me introduce you to your first interaction with someone who bemoans good news. (Followed by a few billion inhabiting this planet).
    Maybe you could moderate the new whiner sub-forum then?

Just sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Septro View Post
    The crybabies are still cryin' in this thread? Let me recap the 40 other wasted crybaby threads posted daily:

- Your phone is wobbly by .02microns and you want Palm to fix it right now!

- Sprint service sucks worse than two dixie cups with a shoe string for calls and they better get their head out their asses before my 30 days!!

- The iPhone has <insert feature that took 3 years to implement here> and Sprint better add it or they're gonna go bankrupt!

- My Blackberry Curves around the Storm has a battery that last 2 decades before a charge, Why can't my Pre last longer than 30seconds!!??

Then there might be one or two really good 'issue' threads that someone actually needs help with or the community can coalesce around to add to the bug list. But mostly its about swimming through the sea of whiny-*** threads to find the sprinkle of helpful posts.

Nominate for sticky.
    I can't believe the horrible quality of these Palm Pres. Pre #1 Had severe screen cloudiness and discolorations and I had to wait a week before I could exchange it for Pre #2. Pre #2 had 11 stuck pixels and developed a severe case of oreo twist and I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to exchange Pre #2 and finally got Pre #3 today. Pre #3 didn't even make it out of the store; I counted 9 stuck pixels right there and it was scraped and dirty right out of the box. It looked like someone's footprint was on the screen. So I just got a refund and now I'm on the waiting list at Best Buy for Pre #4.

I'm on a mission now. I'm going to keep exchanging and returning Pres until I get a decent quality one or until I help Palm go out of business for trying to peddle this low-quality crap.

No I am not exaggerating. Unfortunately this is 100% true.
    As a professional head shrinker then let me introduce you to your first interaction with someone who bemoans good news...When someone posts "OMG. Best Buy Called. My Phone is IN STOCK. YAY!!!" then I could care less.
    So you're indifferent to someone's excitement. To show indifference is not the same as to bemoan someone's pleasure. I've yet to experience a person who has had so much positive news in their lives that they needed a therapist. They may be indifferent to it, but it does not produce emotional distress the way negativity does.

Whenever you go to Best Buy or Target then there are people overflowing with glee that they just bought a product they wanted. Do you shake their hand or jump like giddy school chums? Or are you indifferently waiting for your turn to buy your stuff and continuing with your day?
    I would argue that what would upset someone in this situation is not the fact that someone expresses happiness but that someone has infringed upon your ability to receive quick service. One would likely be annoyed at this situation regardless of the emotion being displayed (whether it positive or negative).

...when you're a parent then you've got compassion for that poor mom with the annoying kid because you've been there.
    I've got compassion for anyone going through a difficult time, whether or not I can relate to it. That still doesn't mean I enjoy listening to whining.

If I ever need a therapist then I'll be sure to check what phone they own first because I think I'd prefer someone more patient with problems...
    Wow...thanks. I will not be snide in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I'm on a mission now. I'm going to keep exchanging and returning Pres until I get a decent quality one or until I help Palm go out of business for trying to peddle this low-quality crap.
    That says it all right there.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Maybe you could moderate the new whiner sub-forum then?

Just sayin'...
    Despite your (failed) attempts at insults, separating the forums more is something I said a while ago. It's obvious that some people are looking for a place to gripe, and some people are looking for a positive support group.

Neither side is wrong in desiring that, but the problem comes when the sides collide. Ideally we would hope that people are smart enough to AVOID threads that make them feel bad but since some people are incapable of that then remove the temptation by separating the forums into a "Problems" and "Positivity" section.

It may make these boards boring for some, but it would eliminate all the hurt feelings that result in someone speaking negatively about a phone.
    Despite your (failed) attempts at insults, separating the forums more is something I said a while ago. It's obvious that some people are looking for a place to gripe, and some people are looking for a positive support group.

Neither side is wrong in desiring that, but the problem comes when the sides collide. Ideally we would hope that people are smart enough to AVOID threads that make them feel bad but since some people are incapable of that then remove the temptation by separating the forums into a "Problems" and "Positivity" section.

It may make these boards boring for some, but it would eliminate all the hurt feelings that result in someone speaking negatively about a phone.
    I was actually just being a smart-a$$ and don't think separating forums is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by sever007 View Post
    Too many dicks on the dance floor...
    Tell the players, make it understood
    It ain't no good if there's too much wood
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    I would argue that what would upset someone in this situation is not the fact that someone expresses happiness but that someone has infringed upon your ability to receive quick service. One would likely be annoyed at this situation regardless of the emotion being displayed (whether it positive or negative).
    Annoyed is one thing, but to outright attack people for having problems is another. And in this case, the OP categorizing people with legitimate problems to be "crybabies" is a bit over the top considering this is a Palm Pre Discussion board.

But that does bring up the bigger part of the problem. If you suspect you are entering an atmosphere where there may be a person complaining or a baby crying then why not bypass all the negative emotion and bypass the thread/look for another seat? Getting "angry" over a situation that you put yourself into seems silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raegan76 View Post
    Wow...thanks. I will not be snide in return.
    Smiley face indicates jocular comment. I'll try to show more teeth next time.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I was actually just being a smart-a$$ and don't think separating forums is a good idea.
    But why not? The nature of message boards is that only a small portion of people are "regulars" who follow the rules. They do searches and make properly labeled threads. But a LARGE majority of new topics are started by driveby users who go in, scream out something excessively insulting or excessively positive, then a few days later they are gone.

A complaint department would solve that because it gives those people a place to let it out. And it gives the users here who are trying to help them a place to easily reference other topics or give answers.

And for positivity then, as this thread points out, there are people here who seem to react poorly to the idea of complaining about a product. If all they want are the "Dude, I scored a Pre" or "Multitasking is da bomb" threads then they can enjoy that.

Seems like a win win for everyone.
    But why not? The nature of message boards is that only a small portion of people are "regulars" who follow the rules. They do searches and make properly labeled threads. But a LARGE majority of new topics are started by driveby users who go in, scream out something excessively insulting or excessively positive, then a few days later they are gone.

A complaint department would solve that because it gives those people a place to let it out. And it gives the users here who are trying to help them a place to easily reference other topics or give answers.

And for positivity then, as this thread points out, there are people here who seem to react poorly to the idea of complaining about a product. If all they want are the "Dude, I scored a Pre" or "Multitasking is da bomb" threads then they can enjoy that.

Seems like a win win for everyone.
    Bottom line is; there's whining, and then there's looking for a solution to a problem you're having. If you're looking for solutions, you logically take steps to get to that solution, and those steps should not include creating a thread for every little problem you think you have (because you read elsewhere that somebody else might be having that problem and spent an hour inspecting your phone for it) and then threatening to take down the company single-handedly.

I have no desire for people who are seeking solutions to their issues to be segregated; if I can find a solution to a future issue on here rather than going back down to the store with my phone that's a good thing. And if I can help somebody else through an issue I'm happy to do that. Seems to me that that's why you start a forum like this.

But having to go three pages deep into the forum to get past multiple threads on the same issue, when it's obvious that the posters are just going to keep complaining no matter what Palm or Sprint does, is just a little frustrating.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234