Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I am thinking that the latest builds do have some fix for the build quality we have seen on the first batch.

that being said... do you think that if it werent for all the complaints, because you know they do read the forums, that maybe posting all these issues... and yes, complaints... could have had a part in them making changes so quickly?
    You think all the returned phones from the first batch doesnt let them know that there was a problem more than people complaining on an internet message board?

All those phones that are returned took fresh stock out of circulation and cant be sold as new now. Thats far greater a message than anything.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thankfully there's a simple solution for all people involved. A sub-forum of this forum for complaints, either with the Pre, or with Sprint as a result of Pre ownership. Mods- any way that can happen?

I do think that people should be able to complain as needed, though. Until this forum changes its name to the "PreCentral Adoration Forum", I think people should do the equivalent of finding objectionable television programming- don't watch the freakin' channel.
    It doesnt hurt to have the people voice or words be heard on the forums to let them know what the problem is... Sure they get a lot of returns but if it's kept quiet then they may be inclined to take their time fixing the issue... just a thought.

As far as the other poster saying their should be a complaint section... no, the issues should be heard and on the main forum... as someone else said, as the issue gets fixed, these posts will dissappear to a minimum. If not then obviously there is still an issue to be addressed.

Of course we may not agree and think people may be whining, but this is a public forum so if you dont like the whining posts, dont read them. I happen to think they are doing good in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    You think all the returned phones from the first batch doesnt let them know that there was a problem more than people complaining on an internet message board?

All those phones that are returned took fresh stock out of circulation and cant be sold as new now. Thats far greater a message than anything.
    It's no different than the launch of any other phone, or any other consumer electronics device for that matter. I've been through a lot of them, on forums, and its always the same story:

Generally, as in mostly, after a product launches only the unhappy feel inclined to post on the internet. It doesn't matter if 1% of customers are unhappy, they will fill up 80% of forums. It's just life.

Most happy customers of consumer electronics are too busy enjoying their purchases to get on message boards.
    I am also sick of the whining, constructive coments are great positive or negative but all this whining is not helping any of us.
    I love this phone and I am very excited about the future of this OS but if I were in the market for a new phone and came here to see what people who had the device thaught I would keep on looking!
    This is where whining hurts all of us that want this platfom to prosper!
    Im amazed how many threads are on this board with people whining about build quality, lack of apps, sprint sucks, boo hoo hoo. Did none of you people research your purchase before spending ~$200+ on the phone then ~$55+ a month for service and entering into a 2 year contract?

Mods feel free to delete this but I thought some positivity would be nice to go along with all of the crybabying on here.
    And so many fanboys in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by crash101 View Post
    I am also sick of the whining, constructive coments are great positive or negative but all this whining is not helping any of us.
    I love this phone and I am very excited about the future of this OS but if I were in the market for a new phone and came here to see what people who had the device thaught I would keep on looking!
    This is where whining hurts all of us that want this platfom to prosper!
    And that's exactly what is giving Palm and Sprint the motivation to fix all the things that really are wrong with the beta version phone. If everyone was all happy and glad, Palm would have a lot less incentive to fix the fool thing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    And so many fanboys in denial.

And that's exactly what is giving Palm and Sprint the motivation to fix all the things that really are wrong with the beta version phone. If everyone was all happy and glad, Palm would have a lot less incentive to fix the fool thing.
    How am I a fanboy when I own both a Pre and an iPhone and post on both iPhone and Pre boards?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    What I am sick of is the people who have no or few problems trivialising the people who have had real problems with their pre(s). Be a little empathetic. I am on my 4th phone, and sprint has been good about the exchanges, but that doesn't detract from the fact that there are problems that need to be addressed (The stuck pixel army followed me to this phone). If everyone bent over and took it from Sprint/Palm problems would get fixed slower. Companies like customer feedback, even if it is critical; Fan boys do not like criticism. In addition, not everyone has the time to return a phone 3-5 times before they get one that has zero defects. If nothing else, the complaining on these forums serves as a warning or a guideline to those who do not have the pre. They can either wait it out until quality improves or they can use other's past experiences to compare their issues.

"The BB Storm had a 50% return rate after launch, for our store the pre is getting close to that" Sprint Store Rep.
  9.    #29  
    I am sympathetic to people who arent getting what they have paid for, my gf is on her 4th phone and finally got a good one. Rather than complaining to random strangers on a message board I wrote a detailed email to Sprint corporate and received a call apologizing and that they would mail her a new phone. I told the rep that we contacted a store near my home and would return it there. I didnt threaten anyone, didnt scream, I merely said that if they cant fix this problem I would go to Verizon. If they didnt fix it I would have. Period.

Theres a way to complain to get action and a way to complain just to whine. Posting here doesnt change any policies. Look at the iPhone people have been complaining for MMS for 3 years and they still dont have it.

If any company doesnt meet my needs for 3 years then they wont receive any business from me.
    Just for the record I have been very lucky (I guess) to have a pre that has worked perfectly since launch. I must agree with the OP that using this forum to whine in hopes that palm and/or sprint are paying attention is not BEST option available.
    Im amazed how many threads are on this board with people whining about build quality, lack of apps, sprint sucks, boo hoo hoo. Did none of you people research your purchase before spending ~$200+ on the phone then ~$55+ a month for service and entering into a 2 year contract?

I had an issue with my phone, guess what I returned it and got a new one. I didnt need to call sprint 100x I didnt need to threaten anyone. I called stores near me, told them my situation and found a store that could help me.

I think some people just love to nitpick and find things wrong with their phone, sprint etc and just whine about it. Maybe its just me but its a cell phone, its not that big of a deal in my life for me to get that worked up over. A dead pixel wont ruin my day Im happy that Im fortunate enough to afford a nice luxury.

Mods feel free to delete this but I thought some positivity would be nice to go along with all of the crybabying on here.
    I couldnt agree more! I tried the phone for two and half weeks while maintaining my verizon service. Then I switched after I made sure the phone and service was ok. Service is just as good as verizon for anyone wondering, also. Although people have a right to speak there thoughts and feelings I agree with need more of the positive about this phone because it is great!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I am sympathetic to people who arent getting what they have paid for, my gf is on her 4th phone and finally got a good one. Rather than complaining to random strangers on a message board I wrote a detailed email to Sprint corporate and received a call apologizing and that they would mail her a new phone. I told the rep that we contacted a store near my home and would return it there. I didnt threaten anyone, didnt scream, I merely said that if they cant fix this problem I would go to Verizon. If they didnt fix it I would have. Period.
    Then why'd you start a post lambasting those (including me) for posting about issues? You're not the only one who knows how to effectively complain and get what you want- I've written my letter to Sprint's CEO as well. I'll be talking to Executive Customer Support tomorrow, as well as the district manager for Orange County. And congratulations for getting your gf's 4th phone! Thanks to your "non-discussion" stance, this is the first we've heard of it. And although they monitor these boards, it's the first Palm has heard of it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by crash101 View Post
    Just for the record I have been very lucky (I guess) to have a pre that has worked perfectly since launch. I must agree with the OP that using this forum to whine in hopes that palm and/or sprint are paying attention is not BEST option available.
    When I bought my '01 Z06, guarantee it was the forums that made GM aware there was issues such as the oil consumption and others that led to quicker discovery of cause and fix and the next year they changed it with different piston rings and allowed the current owners to get new rings.

You may feel it not the best option... but I am going from experience and doesnt matter if its a Detroit auto company or phone company... I think it helps.
    Last edited by donm527; 06/28/2009 at 10:24 PM.

I had an issue with my phone, guess what I returned it and got a new one. I didnt need to call sprint 100x I didnt need to threaten anyone. I called stores near me, told them my situation and found a store that could help me.

I think some people just love to nitpick and find things wrong with their phone, sprint etc and just whine about it. Maybe its just me but its a cell phone, its not that big of a deal in my life for me to get that worked up over. A dead pixel wont ruin my day Im happy that Im fortunate enough to afford a nice luxury.

15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Then why'd you start a post lambasting those (including me) for posting about issues? You're not the only one who knows how to effectively complain and get what you want- I've written my letter to Sprint's CEO as well. I'll be talking to Executive Customer Support tomorrow, as well as the district manager for Orange County. And congratulations for getting your gf's 4th phone! Thanks to your "non-discussion" stance, this is the first we've heard of it. And although they monitor these boards, it's the first Palm has heard of it, too.
    Again since everyone seems to have trouble comprehending this, Im not stating that people shouldnt complain. Im stating there doesnt need to be a new thread for every person who has an issue. Put all the complaints and subsequent resolutions into one thread.

Why is that so difficult to comprehend? Everyone who has issues can post there and guess what if Palm does read this board if there is a sticky with a ton of posts with different problems that far more effective then 1000 different threads with complaints. If you want it to be effective you make sure they see it.

I had issues with my iphone too, ATT told me to go to Apple and Apple told me to go to ATT. No one wanted to take ownership, at least in my case Sprint took ownership of a Palm defect which they didnt have to do, they could just say its a Palm defect contact them. No one is mentioning that Sprint is honoring (for the most part) returns. You cant return an iPhone unless it has 5-7 dead pixels.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    Yea man I am with you on this one.. People need to stop freaking complaining on these forums.
    would you prefer us to praise the poor build quality on this forum instead
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP. Complaints made in a constructive manner are legit. Whiny-*** complaints threatening everything under sun, threatening to return the phone within the 30days, screaming that Sprint better 'do something!' are just a bit much.

It wouldn't be so bad if folks searched for their common problem and continue one thread to contribute to the issue. They have to make their own 'unique' thread that's gonna show Sprint who the boss is validate how important their problem is!

I'm on my second phone. My earpiece stopped working, I went to sprint got an exchange and continue to be satisfied. I didn't come here to make a new thread, ***** about build quality and yell 'IPhone hear I come if you don't fix it SPRINT!'

The forum would be better served getting good advice and help with issues.

/and yea I'm whining about the whiners.. you want to whine about my post too??
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Again since everyone seems to have trouble comprehending this, Im not stating that people shouldnt complain. Im stating there doesnt need to be a new thread for every person who has an issue. Put all the complaints and subsequent resolutions into one thread.
    To be fair, your original post stated nothing about your desires to segregate threads, but it was more a diatribe about "crybabies" and how you do no such thing because "its not that big of a deal in my life for me to get that worked up over." The implications of your post could be construed in many ways.

Quit your whining!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the "whining" or frequency of complaints. I'm sure Palm monitors this forum, and other forums like it. The Pre does have its faults, and without complaints being voiced, Palm might take longer to fix these faults or never even fix them at all. There are probably many companies that would love to have a way to research customer feedback like they can simply by viewing these forums. For all we know, Palm is prioritizing corrections based on the frequency of complaints, so getting people to stop complaining might delay some of our most concerned faults with the Pre (lack of ability to search email is my #1, you reading this Palm?!). You never know...

Anyways, it doesn't kill you to just skip a thread. Besides, whining about people whining is just more whining...
    Yeah, but the problem is I don't think that getting real issues dealt with is the motivation. Seriously, there's a thread about how to set up Orb on here that was on the front page for DAYS, and yet some guy posts a new thread about "Does Orb even work on the Pre??" like three threads below it. What's the point of that?

And if folks are finding bugs, why don't they post them in the sticky thread at the top of the forum instead creating a new thread for each one?

I can recall when there were 300 daily battery threads and it was patently obvious that people creating the new threads weren't bothering to look into any of the other 299 battery threads. And even if they did, you'd see a guy post about uninstalling Hotmail because it was obviously buggy, and then somebody would post about their crappy battery life a couple of entries below that and say that they were using Hotmail!

Plus you got guys that don't even own the phone (and I see some of them in this thread now) who just jump in to render their "expert" opinion about how the phone works based on something they READ in another thread. Along with the obvious lame-a$$ iPhone trolls that keep jumping in. Or the PalmOS guys who can't let go of the fact that the company has moved on from their beloved OS.

I'm fine with Palm getting the news that there are some issues that need fixing, but that is NOT the motivation for a lot of people on this board. They're just in here hating, plane and simple. I come here looking to get good info and to help where I can but have to weed through page after page of trolling and whining instead.
  20.    #40  
    Thank you, someone who gets my point. Everyone wants their thread answered so they dont have to do any work. All the good useful threads get push off the main page and get bombarded with negative ones making it seem like no one is having a good experience.

For example there is a thread about the My Notification program to change sounds, directly under it someone posts how do I change my sms ringtone and complaining that its not possible. Thats not constructive that laziness and wanting to be spoon fed info.

Yes we have all had problems with certain aspects of the phone or sprint, some of us resolve them and try to post helpful useful info while others like to thread crap and complain.

Hell if there was one thread with all of the complaints and issues I would email it to the woman who helped me from Sprint.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast