Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am absolutely 100% disillusioned with Sprint customer service. I recently switched from T-Mobile for the Palm Pre, which I love, by the way. The phone though, has had some issues, so I exchanged it once. The new one also is having some problems, so I went to the Sprint store to exchange it again. Here's where it gets interesting...

    They told me that they could only exchange a defective unit one time in-store, so I would have to call customer care to have a new one shipped out. No problem- I left, and called customer care. Of course, they (following the circle problem which seems to plague them) told me to go to any Sprint Corporate store for an exchange- they can't send one to me until after 30 days. They also suggested I go to a different store. I did, and this store told me I needed to go back to the store where I originally purchased my phone (the 1st one in this tale of sorrow), and that they couldn't help me.

    At this point, I paused to reflect. At the very least, Sprint has absolutely no idea what they are doing- at least that's how it appeared to me. See, I'm pretty positive that you can go to ANY Sprint store (provided that it's a corporate store) for an exchange. Well, when I told them that, they backed off a little, and then threw up a new roadblock: receipt and box. They asked if I had them, and I did not. Deciding to jump on that new roadblock and ride it to the death, they told me they'd be able to do the exchange if and only if I had the items they requested. Considering that the proof that I bought it a corporate store is there in the system, and I'm simply exchanging a defective phone for a new one, those items made no sense to me. I expressed that, pointed out the flaw in their logic, and they relented. This time, they had yet a NEW roadblock (here's a thought Sprint- how about you train your people in the art of customer service instead of the art of deflecting and dodging? Your training methods obviously are very good, as demonstrated by their deftly placed roadblocks, but I digress...).

    With two roadblocks down, their latest and greatest was that they could exchange my phone, but it would cost $70. They then dropped the cost to only $35(!) for me. Guess they must've liked me. Me, being no *****, completely refused to pay a $35 restocking fee on a product that is not only within its one-year warranty, but the 30 day exchange period that has been agreed upon by Sprint and Palm. Palm, in fact, cannot replace Pre's less than 30 days old- all exchanges have to be done in-store at Sprint. Since the girl decided to insist on a $35 restocking fee (I pointed out that it wasn't being restocked, but to no avail), I insisted in turn she call her manager. He refused to talk to me, probably because he didn't want to get verbally lacerated on his day off. Smart move on his part. Thinking I could get the $35 fee reversed by Customer Service on the phone, I figured, "what the hell, I'll put it on my account", but that didn't work- it had to be U.S. hard cold currency. Voices got raised, I got threatened to have the cops called, and asked to leave. Woot! Way to go, Sprint!

    The people on customer service on the phone said that the $35 fee is Sprint's policy, and that yes, I had to go to the original store of purchase. This is after, by the way, in the same phone call- they said it could be returned at any store. Hell, I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that charging for warranty work is the same thing as not having a warranty at all, but like I said, I'm no lawyer. I spoke to 4 different people, one of which refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Way to throw a log cabin on a forest fire, lady. At this point, I've been lied to, yelled at, and at one point one person even told me I was being insubordinate (I corrected her, but have since decided that arguing with idiots actually makes me the *****). No one at Sprint seems to understand the problem with charging to replace a defective unit, something that everyone else I've talked to about this grasps very quickly. They even referred me to look at the bottom of the receipt as their justification of the charge. Of course, the bottom of the receipt spells out why I SHOULDN'T be charged, but as I'm sure most of you have realized, the people I've dealt with today are none-too-bright.

    Lemme think... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Eleven people I've spoken to at Sprint today, both in person and on the phone. And yet none of them provided "customer service", instead choosing to provide "customer disservice".

    Dear Sprint,

    FIX IT!!!

    Thank you.
    Last edited by buyrihn; 06/29/2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: "to day" ≠ "today"
  2. #2  
    Wow! I got a Pre and came from T-Mobile and I think T-Mobile by far has the best service. Sprint's customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
  3. Mosbb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #3  
    I went to a sprint store NOT ORIGINAL where I purchased the pre. I told the guy I wanted to exchange the phone and he said if I had the receipt, I said no. He told me that was okay, looked at his computer and went to the back for a brand new pre.

    I checked it and the screen was wobbly. I asked him for another, he went to the back and he asked some guy behind a window for another one. It frustrated the guy to have to get another on so he pulls out a whole box of them. So my sales guy starts to check each one of them than comes back and shows it to me. It was a LITTLE wobbly but it was ok for me because I would loosen the top left screw and it will fix it (which it did! Now nice and tight).

    So depending on who helps you or which store you go to you will get great or poor service!
  4. #4  
    Damn how were you acting that they almost had to call the cops on you?
  5. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    So depending on who helps you or which store you go to you will get great or poor service!
    Don't I know it. About 2 weeks ago when I first exchanged my Pre, I ended up talking to the assistant manager at a Sprint store who was so darn helpful, it renewed my (already disillusioned) faith with Sprint. This time, it has been completely and utterly shattered.
  6. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by presidentstu View Post
    Damn how were you acting that they almost had to call the cops on you?
    LOL. I was PISSED. Told everyone in the store that they were going to have to pay a $35 fee if they had a defective phone and wanted a new one. According to the monkeys behind the counter, I wasn't lying. They still didn't like me doing it, though.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I am absolutely 100% disillusioned with Sprint customer service. I recently switched from T-Mobile for the Palm Pre, which I love, by the way. The phone though, has had some issues, so I exchanged it once. The new one also is having some problems, so I went to the Sprint store to exchange it again. Here's where it gets interesting...

    They told me that they could only exchange a defective unit one time in-store, so I would have to call customer care to have a new one shipped out. No problem- I left, and called customer care. Of course, they (following the circle problem which seems to plague them) told me to go to any Sprint Corporate store for an exchange- they can't send one to me until after 30 days. They also suggested I go to a different store. I did, and this store told me I needed to go back to the store where I originally purchased my phone (the 1st one in this tale of sorrow), and that they couldn't help me.

    At this point, I paused to reflect. At the very least, Sprint has absolutely no idea what they are doing- at least that's how it appeared to me. See, I'm pretty positive that you can go to ANY Sprint store (provided that it's a corporate store) for an exchange. Well, when I told them that, they backed off a little, and then threw up a new roadblock: receipt and box. They asked if I had them, and I did not. Deciding to jump on that new roadblock and ride it to the death, they told me they'd be able to do the exchange if and only if I had the items they requested. Considering that the proof that I bought it a corporate store is there in the system, and I'm simply exchanging a defective phone for a new one, those items made no sense to me. I expressed that, pointed out the flaw in their logic, and they relented. This time, they had yet a NEW roadblock (here's a thought Sprint- how about you train your people in the art of customer service instead of the art of deflecting and dodging? Your training methods obviously are very good, as demonstrated by their deftly placed roadblocks, but I digress...).

    With two roadblocks down, their latest and greatest was that they could exchange my phone, but it would cost $70. They then dropped the cost to only $35(!) for me. Guess they must've liked me. Me, being no *****, completely refused to pay a $35 restocking fee on a product that is not only within its one-year warranty, but the 30 day exchange period that has been agreed upon by Sprint and Palm. Palm, in fact, cannot replace Pre's less than 30 days old- all exchanges have to be done in-store at Sprint. Since the girl decided to insist on a $35 restocking fee (I pointed out that it wasn't being restocked, but to no avail), I insisted in turn she call her manager. He refused to talk to me, probably because he didn't want to get verbally lacerated on his day off. Smart move on his part. Thinking I could get the $35 fee reversed by Customer Service on the phone, I figured, "what the hell, I'll put it on my account", but that didn't work- it had to be U.S. hard cold currency. Voices got raised, I got threatened to have the cops called, and asked to leave. Woot! Way to go, Sprint!

    The people on customer service on the phone said that the $35 fee is Sprint's policy, and that yes, I had to go to the original store of purchase. This is after, by the way, in the same phone call- they said it could be returned at any store. Hell, I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that charging for warranty work is the same thing as not having a warranty at all, but like I said, I'm no lawyer. I spoke to 4 different people, one of which refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Way to throw a log cabin on a forest fire, lady. At this point, I've been lied to, yelled at, and at one point one person even told me I was being insubordinate (I corrected her, but have since decided that arguing with idiots actually makes me the *****). No one at Sprint seems to understand the problem with charging to replace a defective unit, something that everyone else I've talked to about this grasps very quickly. They even referred me to look at the bottom of the receipt as their justification of the charge. Of course, the bottom of the receipt spells out why I SHOULDN'T be charged, but as I'm sure most of you have realized, the people I've dealt with today are none-too-bright.

    Lemme think... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Eleven people I've spoken to at Sprint to day, both in person and on the phone. And yet none of them provided "customer service", instead choosing to provide "customer disservice".

    Dear Sprint,

    FIX IT!!!

    Thank you.
    O.P, It does seem as though something maybe missing from this post, I have returned 2 pres without a "restocking" fee, each was replaced due to defect and done through the original sprint store (no receipt or box required). Sprint and Palm get to decide what a defect is as does everyother handset maker, a restocking fee would be required if you were returning it and exchanging for another device or dropping the line all together.
    Was this a corperate sprint store or 3rd party?
    And what was the "defect" that was made you return the device?
    Sprint is starting to get a bit anal about the returns for wobbly keyboards and light leakage as it appears Palm is considering those as "Normal" unit variances. Except in situations where those may impact phone operations.
  8. #8  
    I ended up returning my original phone today due to an issue with it restarting. I had no problem what so ever in doing so. In fact the Sprint Corp. store was amazed that I was having this issue. They not only exchanged my phone but offered me a 75.00 credit on my account which they applied today. I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years not sure if that has something to do with it or not. I have never had one issue with their customer service.
  9. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    O.P, It does seem as though something maybe missing from this post, I have returned 2 pres without a "restocking" fee, each was replaced due to defect and done through the original sprint store (no receipt or box required). Sprint and Palm get to decide what a defect is as does everyother handset maker, a restocking fee would be required if you were returning it and exchanging for another device or dropping the line all together.
    Was this a corperate sprint store or 3rd party?
    And what was the "defect" that was made you return the device?
    Sprint is starting to get a bit anal about the returns for wobbly keyboards and light leakage as it appears Palm is considering those as "Normal" unit variances. Except in situations where those may impact phone operations.
    Good points. I failed to mention that they acknowldeged that yes, my phone is defective. Besides a tremendous amount of wobble (which isn't normal, I don't care what their stance is- my 1st unit had none), there is a bubble underneath the screen. This experience was at a Sprint corporate store, which makes it absolutely intolerable.

    In regard to the restocking fee requirements, there is none on a defective device. I'm not cancelling my service (yet), I simply want a phone that works as intended. On the bottom of the receipt it states "a $35 restocking fee will be charged to exchange a device for a different model or color. This fee does not apply to returns and will be collected when the device is exchanged." I wasn't exchanging the device for anything different, just the same Palm Pre. Unbelievably, they attempted to use the same policy as justification for charging me.

    The reality is that Sprint has hired incompetent people, which has resulted in the public's perception that Sprint has poor customer service at large. That perception is totally justified, but as always, YMMV.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    I ended up returning my original phone today due to an issue with it restarting. I had no problem what so ever in doing so. In fact the Sprint Corp. store was amazed that I was having this issue. They not only exchanged my phone but offered me a 75.00 credit on my account which they applied today. I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years not sure if that has something to do with it or not. I have never had one issue with their customer service.
    I would go back when the Store Manager is there. Have him explain how in the world you could be charged a restocking fee when so many people in similar experiances have not. Ask him if its because he dosent like you? Or if it is because of your Skintone :-P I promise you he will get this straight. The people you talked to have No Idea what they are talking about. Aimed at OP.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/28/2009 at 08:11 PM.
  11. #11  
    Why do so many people feel so special that they ALL need a new thread whining about their phone and Sprint, cant all of these threads be merged into one big *****fest?

    If you dont like the phone or service then take your money and go somewhere else. Period.

    I had an issue with my phone and guess what I acted like an adult, called all the Sprint stores within an hour of me and returned it.

    I now have a brand new phone and no issues, some of you people here need your hand held for the most basic of things I wonder how you deal with REAL problems in life, its a PHONE not the end of the world.
  12. #12  
    I returned my Pre' (and cancelled the line) on Friday to the Best Buy where I purchased the device. There were no issues..No restocking fee. They called Sprint to have them cancel the service. They tried to get me to stay. However the spotty service at my house and build quality of the Pre' were the two biggest factors. Loved WebOS though.
  13. #13  
    My experience with several cell phone companies in the past (AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint) lead me to believe that often times there is confusion as to what the policy actually is on various things.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I would go back when the Store Manager is there. Have him explain how in the world you could be charged a restocking fee when so many people in similar experiances have not. Ask him if its because he dosent like you? Or if it is because of your Skintone :-P I promise you he will get this straight. The people you talked to have No Idea what they are talking about
    I agree about this, I dont know where this man found his sprint reps but the ones I have talked to and got exchanges with a crossed 3 different stores in my area have been more then helpful. No fees for returning, I went to a diff store, and they had me out the door in 10 minutes
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I am absolutely 100% disillusioned with Sprint customer service. I recently switched from T-Mobile for the Palm Pre, which I love, by the way. The phone though, has had some issues, so I exchanged it once. The new one also is having some problems, so I went to the Sprint store to exchange it again. Here's where it gets interesting...

    They told me that they could only exchange a defective unit one time in-store, so I would have to call customer care to have a new one shipped out. No problem- I left, and called customer care. Of course, they (following the circle problem which seems to plague them) told me to go to any Sprint Corporate store for an exchange- they can't send one to me until after 30 days. They also suggested I go to a different store. I did, and this store told me I needed to go back to the store where I originally purchased my phone (the 1st one in this tale of sorrow), and that they couldn't help me.

    At this point, I paused to reflect. At the very least, Sprint has absolutely no idea what they are doing- at least that's how it appeared to me. See, I'm pretty positive that you can go to ANY Sprint store (provided that it's a corporate store) for an exchange. Well, when I told them that, they backed off a little, and then threw up a new roadblock: receipt and box. They asked if I had them, and I did not. Deciding to jump on that new roadblock and ride it to the death, they told me they'd be able to do the exchange if and only if I had the items they requested. Considering that the proof that I bought it a corporate store is there in the system, and I'm simply exchanging a defective phone for a new one, those items made no sense to me. I expressed that, pointed out the flaw in their logic, and they relented. This time, they had yet a NEW roadblock (here's a thought Sprint- how about you train your people in the art of customer service instead of the art of deflecting and dodging? Your training methods obviously are very good, as demonstrated by their deftly placed roadblocks, but I digress...).

    With two roadblocks down, their latest and greatest was that they could exchange my phone, but it would cost $70. They then dropped the cost to only $35(!) for me. Guess they must've liked me. Me, being no *****, completely refused to pay a $35 restocking fee on a product that is not only within its one-year warranty, but the 30 day exchange period that has been agreed upon by Sprint and Palm. Palm, in fact, cannot replace Pre's less than 30 days old- all exchanges have to be done in-store at Sprint. Since the girl decided to insist on a $35 restocking fee (I pointed out that it wasn't being restocked, but to no avail), I insisted in turn she call her manager. He refused to talk to me, probably because he didn't want to get verbally lacerated on his day off. Smart move on his part. Thinking I could get the $35 fee reversed by Customer Service on the phone, I figured, "what the hell, I'll put it on my account", but that didn't work- it had to be U.S. hard cold currency. Voices got raised, I got threatened to have the cops called, and asked to leave. Woot! Way to go, Sprint!

    The people on customer service on the phone said that the $35 fee is Sprint's policy, and that yes, I had to go to the original store of purchase. This is after, by the way, in the same phone call- they said it could be returned at any store. Hell, I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that charging for warranty work is the same thing as not having a warranty at all, but like I said, I'm no lawyer. I spoke to 4 different people, one of which refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Way to throw a log cabin on a forest fire, lady. At this point, I've been lied to, yelled at, and at one point one person even told me I was being insubordinate (I corrected her, but have since decided that arguing with idiots actually makes me the *****). No one at Sprint seems to understand the problem with charging to replace a defective unit, something that everyone else I've talked to about this grasps very quickly. They even referred me to look at the bottom of the receipt as their justification of the charge. Of course, the bottom of the receipt spells out why I SHOULDN'T be charged, but as I'm sure most of you have realized, the people I've dealt with today are none-too-bright.

    Lemme think... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Eleven people I've spoken to at Sprint to day, both in person and on the phone. And yet none of them provided "customer service", instead choosing to provide "customer disservice".

    Dear Sprint,

    FIX IT!!!

    Thank you.
    15 years with sprint and still runnin strong!sprint is the best!
  16. buyrihn's Avatar
    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I would go back when the Store Manager is there. Have him explain how in the world you could be charged a restocking fee when so many people in similar experiances have not. Ask him if its because he dosent like you? Or if it is because of your Skintone :-P I promise you he will get this straight. The people you talked to have No Idea what they are talking about
    I plan to. I also plan to talking to the District Manager, and sending a letter to Dan Hesse, CEO. Keep in mind, the general manager backed up their ramblings on the phone. Mistakes happen, sure- but the in-store people just said they had a meeting regarding the $35 fee and to make sure it was charged for defective units, and the on-phone people backed up their original claim. Unbelievable to me, really. No wonder people think Sprint's garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I agree about this, I dont know where this man found his sprint reps but the ones I have talked to and got exchanges with a crossed 3 different stores in my area have been more then helpful. No fees for returning, I went to a diff store, and they had me out the door in 10 minutes
    That's how it's supposed to be! I'm actually in shock that their "customer service" was so poor. I'm actually more than pleasant to deal with on a regular- charming even. I'm not sure what prompted the store manager to hire his people, but even here in Orange County, CA, people in a customer service position are generally helpful and courteous. Not this time, though!

    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Why do so many people feel so special that they ALL need a new thread whining about their phone and Sprint, cant all of these threads be merged into one big *****fest?

    If you dont like the phone or service then take your money and go somewhere else. Period.

    I had an issue with my phone and guess what I acted like an adult, called all the Sprint stores within an hour of me and returned it.

    I now have a brand new phone and no issues, some of you people here need your hand held for the most basic of things I wonder how you deal with REAL problems in life, its a PHONE not the end of the world.
    Fair comment, I guess. The reality is that this is a forum that has the Palm Pre as it's main focus of conversation. Since Sprint is the sole carrier of the Palm Pre, Sprint related issues that directly correspond to the Pre in addition to Palm Pre related issues get discussed here.

    And I agree somewhat about threads being merged, rather I think that they should be put in a sub-forum of this one.

    BTW- You see how pleasant I'm being to you although your post was needlessly antagonistic? It's called "being an adult", although you directly implied that I was being anything but. If I were to respond childishly, I would verbally smack you down, and tell you how special you were that you had a brand new phone all your own, and how proud I was that you were able to get it without mommy or daddy's help. But don't worry- I wouldn't do that.
  17. wp746911's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #17  
    First, dude don't take any of this personal.

    Second, sprint has been nothing but nice and easy for me the past 5+ years with them- so your statement that 'sprint sucks, end of story' is inaccurate- sprint sucks FOR YOU, not for me. Also, I've heard 'horror stories' from pretty much any cell phone provider. The cell phone companies make money off of the people that use one phone for 2 years and pay their bills. They likely loose money on people that are trying to get their 3rd phone in 1 month (even if the build quality sucks or whatever)- they would frankly rather not have 'squeeky wheels' as customers- especially ones that yell in stores. Doesn't make them right or wrong- just the way life is.

    Also, can't you just return the phone and cancel your contract within the first 30 days? If that is the case, just do that. Then if you want to restart your contract and buy another new pre seperately of this incident, you could do that right?
  18. BBuser's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #18  
    man seriously, stories like this really say No to going from tmobile to Sprint just for the Pre. I think ill just wait for the others sim carriers.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I plan to. I also plan to talking to the District Manager, and sending a letter to Dan Hesse, CEO. Keep in mind, the general manager backed up their ramblings on the phone. Mistakes happen, sure- but the in-store people just said they had a meeting regarding the $35 fee and to make sure it was charged for defective units, and the on-phone people backed up their original claim. Unbelievable to me, really. No wonder people think Sprint's garbage.


    That's how it's supposed to be! I'm actually in shock that their "customer service" was so poor. I'm actually more than pleasant to deal with on a regular- charming even. I'm not sure what prompted the store manager to hire his people, but even here in Orange County, CA, people in a customer service position are generally helpful and courteous. Not this time, though!


    Fair comment, I guess. The reality is that this is a forum that has the Palm Pre as it's main focus of conversation. Since Sprint is the sole carrier of the Palm Pre, Sprint related issues that directly correspond to the Pre in addition to Palm Pre related issues get discussed here.

    And I agree somewhat about threads being merged, rather I think that they should be put in a sub-forum of this one.

    BTW- You see how pleasant I'm being to you although your post was needlessly antagonistic? It's called "being an adult", although you directly implied that I was being anything but. If I were to respond childishly, I would verbally smack you down, and tell you how special you were that you had a brand new phone all your own, and how proud I was that you were able to get it without mommy or daddy's help. But don't worry- I wouldn't do that.
    Coming from a man who doesnt know how to return a cell phone within its warranty time frame that wouldnt be an insult. Do you want me to go with you hold your hand, maybe pat you on your head and return it for you?

    So much for your verbal beat down buckaroo.
  20. tmoton's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I am absolutely 100% disillusioned with Sprint customer service. I recently switched from T-Mobile for the Palm Pre, which I love, by the way. The phone though, has had some issues, so I exchanged it once. The new one also is having some problems, so I went to the Sprint store to exchange it again. Here's where it gets interesting...

    They told me that they could only exchange a defective unit one time in-store, so I would have to call customer care to have a new one shipped out. No problem- I left, and called customer care. Of course, they (following the circle problem which seems to plague them) told me to go to any Sprint Corporate store for an exchange- they can't send one to me until after 30 days. They also suggested I go to a different store. I did, and this store told me I needed to go back to the store where I originally purchased my phone (the 1st one in this tale of sorrow), and that they couldn't help me.

    At this point, I paused to reflect. At the very least, Sprint has absolutely no idea what they are doing- at least that's how it appeared to me. See, I'm pretty positive that you can go to ANY Sprint store (provided that it's a corporate store) for an exchange. Well, when I told them that, they backed off a little, and then threw up a new roadblock: receipt and box. They asked if I had them, and I did not. Deciding to jump on that new roadblock and ride it to the death, they told me they'd be able to do the exchange if and only if I had the items they requested. Considering that the proof that I bought it a corporate store is there in the system, and I'm simply exchanging a defective phone for a new one, those items made no sense to me. I expressed that, pointed out the flaw in their logic, and they relented. This time, they had yet a NEW roadblock (here's a thought Sprint- how about you train your people in the art of customer service instead of the art of deflecting and dodging? Your training methods obviously are very good, as demonstrated by their deftly placed roadblocks, but I digress...).

    With two roadblocks down, their latest and greatest was that they could exchange my phone, but it would cost $70. They then dropped the cost to only $35(!) for me. Guess they must've liked me. Me, being no *****, completely refused to pay a $35 restocking fee on a product that is not only within its one-year warranty, but the 30 day exchange period that has been agreed upon by Sprint and Palm. Palm, in fact, cannot replace Pre's less than 30 days old- all exchanges have to be done in-store at Sprint. Since the girl decided to insist on a $35 restocking fee (I pointed out that it wasn't being restocked, but to no avail), I insisted in turn she call her manager. He refused to talk to me, probably because he didn't want to get verbally lacerated on his day off. Smart move on his part. Thinking I could get the $35 fee reversed by Customer Service on the phone, I figured, "what the hell, I'll put it on my account", but that didn't work- it had to be U.S. hard cold currency. Voices got raised, I got threatened to have the cops called, and asked to leave. Woot! Way to go, Sprint!

    The people on customer service on the phone said that the $35 fee is Sprint's policy, and that yes, I had to go to the original store of purchase. This is after, by the way, in the same phone call- they said it could be returned at any store. Hell, I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that charging for warranty work is the same thing as not having a warranty at all, but like I said, I'm no lawyer. I spoke to 4 different people, one of which refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Way to throw a log cabin on a forest fire, lady. At this point, I've been lied to, yelled at, and at one point one person even told me I was being insubordinate (I corrected her, but have since decided that arguing with idiots actually makes me the *****). No one at Sprint seems to understand the problem with charging to replace a defective unit, something that everyone else I've talked to about this grasps very quickly. They even referred me to look at the bottom of the receipt as their justification of the charge. Of course, the bottom of the receipt spells out why I SHOULDN'T be charged, but as I'm sure most of you have realized, the people I've dealt with today are none-too-bright.

    Lemme think... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. Eleven people I've spoken to at Sprint to day, both in person and on the phone. And yet none of them provided "customer service", instead choosing to provide "customer disservice".

    Dear Sprint,

    FIX IT!!!

    Thank you.
    I wouldn't say sprint sucks I would say the reps you had the pleasure of dealing with that day were below par.... sorry about your experience....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions