Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hate going into a Sprint Store. They walk around with a look of indifference and apathy on their faces, which makes U feel depressed for simply being in the store lol.
    The Call Center is better IMO.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I hate going into a Sprint Store. They walk around with a look of indifference and apathy on their faces, which makes U feel depressed for simply being in the store lol.
    The Call Center is better IMO.

I’ve had sprint and I’ve had verizon. Both for 5+ years. Currently happen to be on VZ. Honestly never really had a significant problem with either one. I’m kind of shocked that Sprint has such a bad rep now a days but when I read stuff like this thread it seems there’s a reason the perception is what it is.

Anyway- I think Andromeda’s point is pretty accurate and probably even a universal fact of life.

The phone people are just better, as a whole, than the store people. That’s why it’s surprising to me that the OP had such problems on the phone. I would suspect that phone csr’s being better then brick and mortar csr’s is typical with any industry and makes logical sense. It’s hundreds of times easier to train and supervise 4-5 call centers (even with hundreds or thousands of employees) than it is to follow up on hundreds or thousands of individual stores each with a few hand full’s of employees.

With Verizon I’ve had similar situations- a store refuses to give me a replacement for a DEAD phone and tells me I need to wait to get a new one shipped from the mother ship. I literally said “hold on” then walked over to the display phones, called a CSR and had them note my account to swap my phone in the store. Walked back to the support guy at the counter and told him to read my notes. And off he went to get me a new phone.

I think it’s just par for the course that the phone people are better trained. And I know from my teenage days working at fast food joints that the public can be a complete pain in the rear to deal with so some people just lock down and get angry with the public. But you would think the store employees would be more lax- not even from a good service point of view but selfishly to be like ‘hey whatever you want- just get out of my face’.

Perhaps the reason is the all mighty dollar- I’d assume the store mps get a commission for every new 2 year contract they get signed up. So not having enough pre’s in stock to get new customers would be a problem. So if they run low on stock they have an incentive to break stones about replacing phones. And then create these roadblocks so they can preserve their commissions and hit their sales targets. I think that’s very possible, and if so it’s a major failure of their corporate folks- they need to train their stores that making people happy is way more important to their LONG TERM sales then this months targets, that pissing off people so they don’t like sprint just to get one or 2 more sales this month isn’t helpful to anyone.
    steping away from the story at hand - sprint customer service is VERY bad. 10+ years w/ srpint. they have scrwed up every one of my new phone setups (treo 600, 650, 700, centro) including a recent phone add in dec AND they screwed up my Pre setup this past weekend. (i won;t bore you w/ the stories, but if you want examples i will provide them) The ONLY reason i am with them is for the Palm phones and now the pre.

Additonaly, I did not update my contract. I paid full price for the pre so i can make a move to verizon next year. I've had enough crappy cusotmer services.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DuStU View Post
    Ok I got it..... forget finding that box. Pay money for two things
    1. a GUN
    2. a shirt that says I want a ****ing working pre
    Get a stocking and calmly walk in the store with the ***** manager find him
    Walk up to him and BAM without saying a word..... you have a free pre...maybe 50 free pre's. GOOD LUCK!
    LOL. You'll know if I go that route if I suddenly stop posting. And start checking Craigslist for Pre's selling for $100...

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Additonaly, I did not update my contract. I paid full price for the pre so i can make a move to verizon next year. I've had enough crappy cusotmer services.
    Sprint can't afford to have people keep jumping ship. Credits on your account are only a temporary band-aid, and hopefully they recognize this soon. Let's be honest here- Sprint should be the #1 or #2 phone service provider in the U.S. because they piggy back Verizon's network, have their own towers, and have great rate plans. The fact that they're not is telling.

And you have the patience of a monk.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    ....Sprint should be the #1 or #2 phone service provider in the U.S. because they piggy back Verizon's network, have their own towers, and have great rate plans. The fact that they're not is telling.

And you have the patience of a monk.
    This is something of a misunderstanding.

Everyone doesn’t automatically roam on anyone elses network.

Sprint’s coverage doesn’t equal Verizon’s just because they both have roaming agreements and have CDMA. And T-mobile’s doesn’t equal ATT’s- just because they have roaming agreements and use GSM..

Basically the PRL- preferred roaming list for the new folks- tells your phone which towers you are permitted to use. There’s a reason why there is a list of towers and not just a list of carriers. The PRL doesn’t say “you’re a sprint phone go ahead and use any Verizon tower you want, we’re buddies”. It says “you are a sprint phone and you may use Verizon tower #1, #6, and #10 because that’s what we say” From what I understand they are very specific.

It’s not clear to me how exactly the lists get developed. If Sprint doesn’t want you on any Verizon cell because they don’t want to pay huge roaming bills to Verizon. Of if Verizon doesn’t want you to go on any of their towers because they want to keep a coverage advantage.

Real world to me seems that if you have great coverage on you carrier you are happy. If you are the middle of nowhere and your carrier has no service but someone else does then you roam and you are happy. If you are on a fringe area and your carrier sort of has coverage but coverage is spotty then you will be unhappy because you probably can’t roam.

That said sprints prices can’t be beat, their coverage is probably “good enough” for the vast majority of potential subs, and of the 2 major CDMA carriers they typically have a better phone selection. So for the life of me I can’t understand why people are abandoning them like rats on the titanic. The coverage issue really shouldn’t be that big a deal. AND to top it they are the first one with a real 4G network.

There’s customer service really must be killing them….
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Why don't you switch to a different gravity provider, or switch your defective head with another one?
    You, sir, are incredible. This is the best response to anything I have read in a long time.
    honestly all this banter back and forth isnt worth it....i registered just to reply to this forum...
    i used sprint for several years - had a palm phone - and the customer service was unbelievably poor.... at the store (santa monica) and over the phone...
    i know several people and small businesses that bailed sprint for this very reason.
    and sorry...but the commercials where the ceo gets on tv and says how much they care about their customers.....BS!!!

anyway...i do feel better now..WOW
    big brother sprint should just crumble and fade into history
    After reading this thread, perhaps I should have tried a second store, stomped my feet more, something. Was a crazy week and I will ill besides... I guess I was just too tired to fight.

My story:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-me-sigh.html
    Just wanted to say, I had the same problem as the original poster. Went into one corporate store, and they tried to pull this on me, when I had a bunch of dead pixels.

I stated to them, How does that make any sense that you are going to charge me to return a defective unit?

The Reps, and even the manager said, "It Makes perfect sense"

I said, "How? If I buy a dvd player from best buy, and it is defective, they will replace or refund me without a fee? Why is it different here?

To which everybody there said, "well, well, thats just policy, blah, blah

to Which I said, "Well, what would you think if your phone was defective? Would you want to pay to have it replaced?

And it just went in an endlesss circle, until I just left, went into another store, and didnt have a problem at all.

Sprint does have the best rates, but their CS still sucks. Everytime I go into one of their stores, like another poster said, the reps just don't seem to give a crap. They are apathetic, they lie, etc. You have to go through a bunch of crappy employees to get to one who actually cares.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    Coming from a man who doesnt know how to return a cell phone within its warranty time frame that wouldn't be an insult. Do you want me to go with you hold your hand, maybe pat you on your head and return it for you?

So much for your verbal beat down buckaroo.
    I must say I agree, only because irregardless one's ( or multiple) actions don't speak for "Sprint"...if you don't like something then change it..I mean ugh just complaining and whining. Like someone else said something your not saying cause it doesn't make sense, and if you do feel justified then it REALLY doesn't make sense for you to remain a sprint customer if you feel so strongly. If your this adement then close your account but all this "woe is me" is becoming old this world is full of complainers and people who want everything handed to them, get up get out and get something!.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    OP: As you may or may not know, politics work very well when it involves a large number of people. Change, coincidentally, works when it involves a large number of people too. If you wish, you can leave your local Sprint's manager contact information and let us do the rest. We can complain, report, etc. about the people down there about their idiocy. Believe it or not, they actually appreciate that.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123