1.    #1  
    Main page of Palm pre says it supports gif files....HOW COME IT DOESNT PLAY THEM! You cant even see them if you upload to phone!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    My AIM buddies with animated buddy icons are animated in my contacts. I think they are gifs if I'm not mistaken
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I read that this is a limit of WebKit. Same is iPhone.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  4.    #4  
    Then if it cant display it...they shouldnt advertise that it supports those type of files!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    My AIM buddies with animated buddy icons are animated in my contacts. I think they are gifs if I'm not mistaken
    You are talking about on the Pre? Cuz Palm has stated animated gifs are NOT supported on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Not all gifs are animated. The phone does support GIF but not animated ones.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I hope it will in the not so distant future. Older phones I used to have always played animated text msgs and the likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I read that this is a limit of WebKit. Same is iPhone.
    Can't be a webkit limit cause Google Chrome runs gifs just fine.
    It would be nice if sprint supported animated gif too. This .cmx file crap is grabage.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I don't know how many times I'll have to post this before everyone realizes it, but the Pre absolutely DOES support animated .GIF files!!! The phone's web browser will not play them with animation for some reason, but you can embed them into an application on the phone and they will display fine. If you don't believe me, go grab the WxRadar homebrew app, which pulls animated .GIF radar images from a government web server and displays them fine.....
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    What I want from Sprint is for my incoming picture mail to show gif files!!!
    or an animated wallpaper,was cool on my older phones
    Not sure which Animated Gifs are broken, because I'm using some small ones for the new word list display in Word Whirl and they are working great.

I created them in GIMP on Ubuntu using GIF optimization.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    You are talking about on the Pre? Cuz Palm has stated animated gifs are NOT supported on the Pre.
    Yea, I'm sure he's talking about on the Pre. I have this exact same thing, too. When I'm in a text message and someone has an AIM account and it shows their buddy icon, it's animated with no problems. On top of that, in the contacts list if they have an animated icon for their AIM screen name, it's animated as well.