1.    #1  
    Is anyone else getting 'error' message and unable to send Yahoo email? Gmail account sends without problems.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem. I deleted the account and reinstalled it and after that it worked fine. Give it a try.
    I may be having a different issue with my Yahoo email. I am able to send email...sometimes. It seems like it will only send to those who have already sent an email and have been opened on my pre. If it is to someone new...It will send...but a minute later I get this email sent to my pre:
    Code:

"MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com" <MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com>..."
    Code:
    Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<Removed@***.com>:
    IP.IP.IP.IP does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    Giving up on IP.IP.IP.IP

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <removed@removed.com>
    Received: (qmail 79052 invoked from network); 31 Jul 2009 17:58:28 -0000
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
      s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
      h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Date:From:To:Reply-To:Subject:In-Reply-To:X-Mailer:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
      b=HbqyeTAMknumEogXvI95pTjEMJHamyjyCcV+2bTpHizaPWklnCWDUNhPatCZByrboMVV0zGYqbgkOnJKvq0+1FwJAgFQ0X4mUYLGMh9rSmR/6poWnotd7BVEy+yjlWA5aXHxj8c6iKpCNaX1EyL5GAPETnt3cgWZz9mnyIF5LeM=  ;
    Received: from unknown (HELO www.palm.com)

...AND ON AND ON with the original message all messed up.

WTF...any ideas?
    Having the same issue with a Windows Live email account. I'm going to take it to the IT guys at my school to see if they can figure it out.

Not having any issues with Gmail or Yahoo though.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Having the same issue with a Windows Live email account. I'm going to take it to the IT guys at my school to see if they can figure it out.

Not having any issues with Gmail or Yahoo though.
    Windows Live Email is an email client, not an account. Who's the email provider? Did you set it up manually or did it auto configure? My Verizon accounts all auto configured on the Pre.

I have no problem with Verizon.net POP3 accounts (I also use Window Live Email as the client on my PC) or Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Windows Live Email is an email client, not an account. Who's the email provider?
    Microsoft. The Great Satan (TM) offers outsourced e-mail services under the "Live@EDU" trademark to colleges/universities. Google and Yahoo offer similar services, where they re-brand their e-mail service for a school.....