Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Well, Since we're coming up against the 30 days return date in just a little over a week, I wondered if there's any new revisions of the hardware out so that if I exchange my defective unit, I'll get a better one. What's the latest manufacture date?
    If they do or have already, they are not gonna tell ya if they dont have to.

Issues? What issues?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    If they do or have already, they are not gonna tell ya if they dont have to.

Issues? What issues?
    That's why I'm asking on here

I'm having issues with bad pixels, gps not locating and camera white balance issues.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    It's too soon for any meaningful revisions. I'll probably make a TEP claim towards the end of the year. Should have worked out some stuff by then.
    Someone had mentioned in some post that he got an exchange and commented how the it seemed lighter and seemed smaller in dimension if ever so slight. But never heard anyone else say that. I've been keeping a close ear too as I wait for my contract to expire soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    It's too soon for any meaningful revisions. I'll probably make a TEP claim towards the end of the year. Should have worked out some stuff by then.
    No... if they're are hardware issues, they will be tweaking them with manufacturers as they keep manufacturing them... just by end of year you hope they catch most of the issues by then.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    No... if they're are hardware issues, they will be tweaking them with manufacturers as they keep manufacturing them... just by end of year you hope they catch most of the issues by then.
    Yes, HOPE is the key word.
    We would not know if there were hardware revisions. It would be very hard to tell or find out.

I am sure they will be constantly tweaking production lines but it would take a large tweak for us to notice.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is true but when I exchanged my defective pre yesterday for the 4th, the tech said this was one of the models from the new factory. It has a warranty date of 6/23/2009. It feels somewhat heavier and more solid than the ones I had before. This one has no issues whatsoever. So I'm not sure if they resolved q/c issues but this was was made less than a week ago and it seems perfects so far other than a slight wiggle but that is expected. Compared to my friends pre whos has been solid so far and he has the same slight wiggle.