Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think most of us do not have their phone app in the quick launch. With the phone app in the regular launcher it takes a decent amount of time to call the last person you called compared to my 755p. I wish there was a faster way to do that.

That's it.
    There is no spoon
    There is... it's called using the quick launch

Interesting you mention that load times are different between quick launch and regular app launcher. Is that true for any programs started from regular launcher that they'll load up faster if in quick launch?
  3.    #3  
    Did you even read my post?
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Maybe they could make it like a speed dial button. Like press and hold the period or @ symbol. That would be kinda of nice.

P.S. I read your post first.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    Maybe they could make it like a speed dial button. Like press and hold the period or @ symbol. That would be kinda of nice.

Exactly. Something like that would be cool. I never realized how much I used that function.
    There is no spoon
    Yes I did. You were wishing there was a faster way to call the last person you called much faster and you don't have your phone in the quick launcher. The only way to do that seems to be by putting your phone in the quick launcher. There doesnt seem to be any other option.

Just to let you know, I even went to the Palm site and looked through their PDF to double check so I didnt realize you were just "wishing" for a new feature.

You open your phone and quick launch is there... not much faster you can launch unless they put in the new broadcom telepathy chip for thought dialing
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I think his point was why don't you have the phone icon in the quick launch bar? Mine is, and I'm not really sure why you think "most of us" don't have it there . . . was there a study done or something?

You could also leave the phone app open. There's this whole cards thing, see . . .
    I'm sure you know this already but....

After you press your phone in the quick launch, press the big green phone button and it opts you to dial the last person you connected to. (weather its incoming or outgoing)
    Ok... explain this feature further...

You press the center button to activate your phone and get to your home screen... then you bring up an app so that you can press the @ or . sign to speed dial instead of just pressing the phone button on your quick launch to do the exact same thing?

Sorry, I guess I really have to play with one of these more to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    I think his point was why don't you have the phone icon in the quick launch bar? Mine is, and I'm not really sure why you think "most of us" don't have it there . . . was there a study done or something?

You could also leave the phone app open. There's this whole cards thing, see . . .
    Please be careful about making ASSumptions. What's in UR wallet...I mean Quicklaunch???
    I don't want to divert the thread, but I personally don't have the phone in the quick launch. I almost never dial using the dialpad, but rather use the universal search to find my contacts. If I need to dial a number that isn't in my contact list, then I type "ph" into universal search and bring up the phone app. (I almost never use the launcher).
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Exactly. You setup your quicklaunch obviously in the priority that you use the phone for frequently... Calling someone I guess is not the main function of your phone.

For me it's a phone first so I can't imagine not having the phone on the quick launch. I guess they should put in a feature for those that don't use their phone as a phone first.

stastics say that 75% of people put the phone in quicklaunch.

I did the poll @ home.

4 pre's.

3 did it.

1 (daughter, text/facebook happy) did not.

There you go.
    :-)
    Yeah I think it is diverting the thread because I think the OP wants a 'quick' way of getting to the phone to redial or call. That sounds like it takes as many if not more to just put the phone in the quick launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't want to divert the thread, but I personally don't have the phone in the quick launch. I almost never dial using the dialpad, but rather use the universal search to find my contacts. If I need to dial a number that isn't in my contact list, then I type "ph" into universal search and bring up the phone app. (I almost never use the launcher).
    I just thought of a much more fun way for Palm to do this... the @ sign is just so overused ..

From any screen no matter what you have running... put your finger on your touchpad and run a figure 8 pattern and it brings you to your phone dial. slick eh?

I personally dont have the phone on my quicklaunch because just about anybody I call is in my contacts list so i find it much easier to just start typing their name
    If you use the keypad-just press a button you've assigned to speed dial -hold it down & you have your quick call. 90% of my calls are to 5 numbers-my voice mail (already assigned to #1); my voice mail at work; my work receptionist; my house & my wife's mobile.
    just thought of a couple of things...

One, they can make the center button programmable like the iPhone... double click to send you to the phone.

Other is center button hold down voice dialing or voice control ala iPhone.
    Haven't tried it but looks slick in the vid and goes a step beyond dialing.

Apple - iPhone - Make calls and play music using Voice Control.
    okay okay... another thought... and this is within the limitations of the phone...

Why don't you have your phone dialing minimized as a card?

Ya know... the whole 'multitasking' thing... I'm guessing you dont have to worry about load times then?
  20.    #20  
    I understand I can put the phone icon in the quick launcher. But I don't actually dial phone numbers when I make calls...I always use universal search because they are in my contacts. So putting the phone icon in my quick launch would be a waste of space for me.

I am just saying I wish i didn't have to locate the phone app (via launcher or uni search) to dial the last number I called. A short cut would be nice.
    There is no spoon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast