Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw a Pre for sale on Howard Forums and decided to check out ebay to see what they were selling for since I had some coupons to use.

HOLY Crap.... ebay is flooded with Pre's for $350 and up for Brand New & Sealed!! And most are large sellers and powersellers with multiple Pre's for sale. (I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years, with over 1200+ fedback, and I know who to buy from and who fakes their feedback, so this isn't much of an issue..)

I decided to bite for the $359 Pre Brand New/Sealed. I used an 8% paypal coupon, 8% bing.com cashback, and got $14.40 in ebay cash back!!

My total was $288 shipped. Can't wait to try it...

What's up with the Flood on ebay and no where else?

By the way, I am trying to find my place on Sprint..... Been with them for about 4 months now, and went through the Touch, Touch Pro, Instinct, Blackberry Curve, and now trying Pre.... I came from the evil iPhone on AT&T before the switch Sprint...
    Last edited by tampashooters; 06/28/2009 at 06:52 AM.
    Ggood deal you got there
    i wish i could use those here in germany. it would only be 250 euros. want
  4.    #4  
    One other question... Is there an onscreen keyboard for texting like there is for dialing, or are you forced to use the physical keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
    One other question... Is there an onscreen keyboard for texting like there is for dialing, or are you forced to use the physical keyboard?
    Physical keyboard only. Although there is talk of an on screen keyboard coming at a later date.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    damn, if the pre weren't a cdma phone I'd buy one from ebay now. 250 euros is a very good deal.
    Now the question is can you buy one off ebay and activate it online with a SERO plan...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Now the question is can you buy one off ebay and activate it online with a SERO plan...
    Don't think so. You may have to upgrade to the new version of SERO ... can't recall the new name right now.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Oh pleaseeee don't start....
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414 View Post
    Don't think so. You may have to upgrade to the new version of SERO ... can't recall the new name right now.
    I will be activating on my current EPRP (Everything Plus Referral Program) which is the new SERO name.
    Awesome deal. nice.
    when people buy their phones on ebay, what happens if they are defective, as we know is the case with quite a few pre's. ?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I will be activating on my current EPRP (Everything Plus Referral Program) which is the new SERO name.
    I had the same plan and the suckers wouldn't let me purchase the Pre. I had 3 lines with sero, moved them over to a EPRP 1600 family plan via chat. Walked into the store latter that afternoon and was told since my plan is an "employee" plan and employees can't have a Pre yet he couldn't even activate it. So I moved it over to the data 1500 family plan and used my Alliant 25% discount and I think I'm still a bit cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    when people buy their phones on ebay, what happens if they are defective, as we know is the case with quite a few pre's. ?
    If they are defective, and the seller refuses to make good on it you can always dispute it with paypal, as they usually have buyer protection.

I bought my pre sealed on Ebay for $400, got it, activated perfectly with no issues.

Also, for those buying on ebay, you can still add the Sprint TES insurance to your phone as well, as sprint added that to my account no questions asked!
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    If they are defective, and the seller refuses to make good on it you can always dispute it with paypal, as they usually have buyer protection.

I bought my pre sealed on Ebay for $400, got it, activated perfectly with no issues.

Also, for those buying on ebay, you can still add the Sprint TES insurance to your phone as well, as sprint added that to my account no questions asked!
    That's going to suck a lot (for both sellers and buyers) since i'm going to assume a lot of people will have issues. . *sigh*
  16. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Hey Tampa, that's a great deal! Did you have to do anythng special to get those three discounts/cash back deals?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Hey Tampa, that's a great deal! Did you have to do anythng special to get those three discounts/cash back deals?
    Nope, Ebay/Paypal just sent me an 8% coupon good until 6/30 the other day, the "Ebay Bucks" is a 3 month cash back promo where you can get a percentage back, but this week it was doubled (You have to get an email to be eligible) and the Microsoft 8% bing.com/cashback has been ongoing for quite some time now.

All stacked, so it came out really great.

Like I said, I am a 10 year ebayer, with 1200+ feedback, sometimes bouncing in and out of the Powerseller program, so I get decent coupons and promo's. A friend at work who rarely ebays, told me that he just got the 8% Paypal coupon, so check your ebay account.
    Last edited by tampashooters; 06/28/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    That's going to suck a lot (for both sellers and buyers) since i'm going to assume a lot of people will have issues. . *sigh*
    It depends on the issue/defect. If you buy it from ebay I highly suggest you pay for TES (I'd probably get it anyways). Under TES, you should be able to take your pre to any sprint store and get them to exchange or at least look at it.
    I saw a Pre for sale on Howard Forums and decided to check out ebay to see what they were selling for since I had some coupons to use.

HOLY Crap.... ebay is flooded with Pre's for $350 and up for Brand New & Sealed!! And most are large sellers and powersellers with multiple Pre's for sale. (I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years, with over 1200+ fedback, and I know who to buy from and who fakes their feedback, so this isn't much of an issue..)

I decided to bite for the $359 Pre Brand New/Sealed. I used an 8% paypal coupon, 8% bing.com cashback, and got $14.40 in ebay cash back!!

My total was $288 shipped. Can't wait to try it...

What's up with the Flood on ebay and no where else?

By the way, I am trying to find my place on Sprint..... Been with them for about 4 months now, and went through the Touch, Touch Pro, Instinct, Blackberry Curve, and now trying Pre.... I came from the evil iPhone on AT&T before the switch Sprint...
    Anyone know the answer to his question as to how these people are getting these phones and how they end up on ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    Anyone know the answer to his question as to how these people are getting these phones and how they end up on ebay?
    Some of these people are dealers but some of them just use the upgrade to get the phone and then do an ESN swap to there old phone. Then they can sell them to who ever they like. For the most part they are safe to buy just look for high and good feedback. Also read the auction very well to be sure that it is truly new and does not require contract.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast