Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is awesome! I still don't have a Pre yet, perhaps I will try this...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just made the leap myself.

$359.99 total on Ebay.
    -8% cashback from bing.com/cashback.
    -$150 from paypal voucher coupons.

$209.99 out of pocket and with the Microsoft cashback my total comes to $181.19!!!!

Can't wait for this puppy to show up!! ...and thanks to the OP as I would not have gone this route had I not noticed this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
    One other question... Is there an onscreen keyboard for texting like there is for dialing, or are you forced to use the physical keyboard?
    You bet there is an onscreen keyboard and it is a great one too!

onscreen keyboard has been hidden

But the keyboard along with a dozen or so other key features seemed to be turned off.

See the link below.

- Craig
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Physical keyboard only. Although there is talk of an on screen keyboard coming at a later date.
    Don't lie. There is no official talk of an onscreen keyboard coming at a later date.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    You bet there is an onscreen keyboard and it is a great one too!

onscreen keyboard has been hidden

But the keyboard along with a dozen or so other key features seemed to be turned off.

See the link below.

- Craig
    Craig, don't be so misleading. That "onscreen keyboard" is a part of webshell. Again, there has been no official talk of an onscreen keyboard, nor anything embedded in code that would lead us to believe otherwise.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Well, not to rain on any parades, but there have been a ridiculous number of Pre's stolen off fedex trucks, and from Best Buy stores. So hopefully the Pre you get is a good serial number, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any new, sealed units on e-bay or anyplace else.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Well, not to rain on any parades, but there have been a ridiculous number of Pre's stolen off fedex trucks, and from Best Buy stores. So hopefully the Pre you get is a good serial number, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any new, sealed units on e-bay or anyplace else.
    Proof? Evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preedom View Post
    Just made the leap myself.

$359.99 total on Ebay.
    -8% cashback from bing.com/cashback.
    -$150 from paypal voucher coupons.

$209.99 out of pocket and with the Microsoft cashback my total comes to $181.19!!!!

Can't wait for this puppy to show up!! ...and thanks to the OP as I would not have gone this route had I not noticed this thread.
    Bet you ordered from the same person I did. Haven't heard anything from the seller yet, it's been 3 days. I getting a little worried
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Proof? Evidence?
    He's got no proof or evidence.. Just trying to start a rumor. It's a Pre, not a gold bar.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allthewayhome View Post
    when people buy their phones on ebay, what happens if they are defective, as we know is the case with quite a few pre's. ?
    I bought two, going to try to get them on a local carrier.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that they are skookum.

Can anyone link the PreCentral video of what to look for in a defective unit?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Some of these people are dealers but some of them just use the upgrade to get the phone and then do an ESN swap to there old phone. Then they can sell them to who ever they like. For the most part they are safe to buy just look for high and good feedback. Also read the auction very well to be sure that it is truly new and does not require contract.
    Also look for "sealed" units, not just new.
    New open box units might be the ones people have already found flaws with.
    does that mean it will be a month to month plan as opposed to a 2 year plan
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    its legit but the seller isnt making much
    cost on pre for me is $333
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    i bought a pre at full price at launch, and as much as i love it, it's not worth the full price to me.

SOOOOOO, i bought one off of ebay and will return the one I bought at launch. i was going to exchange it anyway for a spotty screen, so it works out. plus i save nearly $300, even with the squaretrade warranty. go me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    Anyone know the answer to his question as to how these people are getting these phones and how they end up on ebay?
    My wife and I went into a Sprint store this past Sunday to address the crack that ensued from those recalled holsters and the store was broken into. They said their entire stock of Pre's were stolen, so we had to go elsewhere to exchange her Pre!

Fully sealed Pre's that will no-doubtedly have their ESN's locked...Where else would they go but eBay?!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12