Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    What is up with that? I deleted a whole conversation from the messaging app BUT! when i receive yet another text from the same person that was part of the deleted conversation all previous text/ text history/ what we texted before is still there YET! when i go back to the messaging app no such record of the conversation is there not even recent text (like the ones received AFTER the conversation was deleted). I know i can delete text individually BUT there are HUNDREDS of them! i fear the skin might peal off my finger from so many deletion gestures on the screen. also! how would i go about re-adding a deleted conversation to the messaging app?

thanks in advance to all those who contribute helpful responses to this thread and apologies should this topic already be discussed elsewhere (i did a search but not such luck).
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am running 1.0.3, and when I delete an entire thread, it is permanently deleted.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit 4 View Post
    What is up with that? I deleted a whole conversation from the messaging app BUT! when i receive yet another text from the same person that was part of the deleted conversation all previous text/ text history/ what we texted before is still there YET! when i go back to the messaging app no such record of the conversation is there not even recent text (like the ones received AFTER the conversation was deleted). I know i can delete text individually BUT there are HUNDREDS of them! i fear the skin might peal off my finger from so many deletion gestures on the screen. also! how would i go about re-adding a deleted conversation to the messaging app?

thanks in advance to all those who contribute helpful responses to this thread and apologies should this topic already be discussed elsewhere (i did a search but not such luck).
    Gee, cheat that much, eh?

Seriously, just teasing, but could it be that it appears because of the other person's history preferences? Just guessing here.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Lol funny you should '' tease '' about that cuz I know my girl would flip if she knew I text other girls outside of work but anyways................ Xyg? I'm using 1.0.3 as well so that rules out THAT theory, and I don't see how another phones settings would affect my owns. Also I tried adding a new conversation but when a reply comes in it does not get logged as a conversation in the msg app, nor does it get logged in after I send an msg to some one through the msg app. Any ideas people? I use the pre for work so having a paper trail is always good in my book.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit 4 View Post
    Lol funny you should '' tease '' about that cuz I know my girl would flip if she knew I text other girls outside of work but anyways................ Xyg? I'm using 1.0.3 as well so that rules out THAT theory, and I don't see how another phones settings would affect my owns. Also I tried adding a new conversation but when a reply comes in it does not get logged as a conversation in the msg app, nor does it get logged in after I send an msg to some one through the msg app. Any ideas people? I use the pre for work so having a paper trail is always good in my book.
    Well, to be honest, I sensed just enough panic coming through your message. Yup, I'm one of those oddities on the net that can "get" that.

Wish I could help you out, but I don't actually own a Pre. I merely lust for one. I'm currently unemployed and can't get over how indulgent it would be of me to buy one with my savings or even my PALM stock profits. Trying to work the $25 Visa rewards to my advantage on the Pre front though.

Yeah, I know. TMI. Good luck, and hopefully your girlfriend isn't too snoopy.
    What it is (I guess) is that Palm is syncing your phone whenever you do anything and the chat goes into "the cloud" so when you go into the messages its not there but when in the conversation it is there so you knows what happening incase it happened a while ago. IMO =)
    The same thing happened to me and has happened twice... Here is what you have to do...

Go into that persons contact and delete the whole thing (yes its a hassle) but I've only had it happen twice and I've had my phone since launch day!

Hopefully that helps you out
    The Pre does WORK
    This too happens to me. But i also text about 20,000 times a month. Im a college kid with a lot of free time and a boring job, okay? Honestly this has happened to me four times now. Here is what i believe happens. When you have a thread of hundreds of messages it doesn't delete as fast as the phone shows it. Instead it sends the thread into the phones memory as in RAM and deletes it from there. Now if you get a text while it is deleting it from the memory the phone stops deleting lets you see the message but then continues with the task you told it to complete before hand. Causing even the newer message to become deleted.
    The reappearing and disappearing messages has only happened to me if i have gotten a text from the persons messages im deleting within about a minute after i delete the thread, but it depends on how many texts there actually are. I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    We'll i'll have to try the deleting the contacts thing. But now new issues have arrived, YAY! Now I'm getting delayed text and I'm getting notifications of voicemail that was left two hours prior to the notification. Things just get better and better for us huh?!