Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Pretty nifty stuff...havent tried it but thought it was interesting.
    SpinVox - Blog
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Looks pretty cool, but Sprint charges for conditional call forwarding now, so it won't be free.
    don't really think we should have to pay for visual voicemail
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    $9.99 a month includes 40 messages
    IF I got to pay for VVM I will go back to the instinct
    Quote Originally Posted by Janamba View Post
    :Shutters:
    meh, visual voice mail is more a toy then a necessity for me. I don't get alot of calls, all my needs are text based, emails, text, web ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    meh, visual voice mail is more a toy then a necessity for me. I don't get alot of calls, all my needs are text based, emails, text, web ect.
    Agreed - plus Google Voice is making VVM obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janamba View Post
    Now THAT'S a pretty bold statement. It would take a lot to make me even consider going back to the Instinct.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use PhoneTag to transcribe all my voicemails.

Yeah, you have to pay Sprint 20 cents to forward each call, but it's worth it
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    I only get about 2 voicemails a month, I answer about 95% of my calls or they know i will call them back so my friends and employees/co-workers just dont leave messages.

But i did LOVE VVM on my Instinct
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    But i did LOVE VVM on my Instinct
    The exclusion of VVM on the Pre does baffle me though. This is supposed to be THE PHONE that attracts everyone to Sprint but we can't get VVM on it. I also still don't understand why the Instinct is the only phone that has it so far. You would think that with the upcoming models (Pre, BB Tour, TP2, etc) that Sprint would go all out and include VVM on them.

Hopefully it's something that can be added to the Pre later via software update.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Comes down to cost probably. Just like BB... you come out with what you call flagship models like the Bold or Tour or especially Storm where you have a specific target you go against... AND NO WIFI!! Huge dealbreaker for me for maybe an extra quarter or two added to the cost of the chip?!

And for PALM maybe time to program it in when they pushed the phone as soon as they did. Reading the financials, I do believe now they were really running out of air and needed to release ASAP. Gosh I wish I had the forward thinking to buy PALM at a dollar/share.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldayotte View Post
    The exclusion of VVM on the Pre does baffle me though. This is supposed to be THE PHONE that attracts everyone to Sprint but we can't get VVM on it. I also still don't understand why the Instinct is the only phone that has it so far. You would think that with the upcoming models (Pre, BB Tour, TP2, etc) that Sprint would go all out and include VVM on them.

Hopefully it's something that can be added to the Pre later via software update.
    Well, for those of us in industries where people still use voicemail, all this texting crap ain't gonna work for another few years. We have landline voicemail and cell voicemail. We don't have VOIP and we can't text landline calls. We need a solution from Sprint which they already implemented on the Instinct. Either that or eliminate the charge for forwarding and let us setup something else. I get 3-5 VM a day. It's been going down over the years and most expect 6 hour or less turnaround. I'd love to skip the ones that don't.

Not a make or break, but important.
    Take the following with a grain of salt:

I read somewhere that Sprint is looking into bringing VVM to the Pre due to its popularity on the Instinct. It's probably coming down to a matter of cost, since VVM needs to be licensed
    i don't get a lot of vm and am not in an industry where they are prevalent, but, after the instinct, i do miss it. the pre's vm is pretty archaic and antiquated, and vvm was, if nothing else, new and cool.

it really came in handy when you saved a vm from a few weeks ago, had received others since then, but needed to reference the older, important message. no listening or skipping through a list of recent messages to get to the important one. scroll down, tap, listen. best thing about the instinct (not saying too much).
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Wasn't there another company allowing to do visual voicemail for the pre?
  18. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I am still really, really, hoping that Visual Voice Mail will be written as a native application for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I hope Sprint decides to do the free call forwarding option to let us use our choice of VVM. Using YouMail or Google Voice would be awesome, we'd be able to set up different greetings depending on who calls.