Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would love to buy one out of this batch, but this is what future refurbs looks like lol i wonder why they don't put them nicely lol

buddy of mine sent this to me interesting huh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hotis300boy; 06/28/2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I would love to buy one out of this batch, but this is what future refurbs looks like lol i wonder why they don't put them nicely lol

buddy of mine sent this to me interesting huh
    I'm hoping that Palm has a deal with the manufacturer to give credits and even penalties based on defects in workmanship. This is getting worse than the Chinese toy scandals.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I counted 19 Pre's in that batch. Yikes.
    You always going to have people who change their mind or spent money that they didn't have and returned them to pay a bill. Might not be anything wrong with the units.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Why are all phones slid open? - So that's what happened to my Pre when i returned it =] So where do the accessories go? cable etc
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    When I exchanged my Pre, the Sprint Store told to keep the accessories. All they needed was the phone and the battery.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    They even let you keep the wired headset? neato!
    You know, it is AMAZING what that iPhone "edit photo" feature will do. Who knew it photoshopped!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    Yep. I was happy to keep the usb cable.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    amd they gave you na brand new kit in return for just your device and battery?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    amd they gave you na brand new kit in return for just your device and battery?
    Yes, a brand phone. So I have 2 of everything, except for the phone and battery of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    Yes, a brand phone. So I have 2 of everything, except for the phone and battery of course.
    wow, wish i went to your store. My store didn't even wanna give me the new box when I returned mine. They handed me the phone and that was that. They kept all their brand new accessories and i just had to use the ones from my original package. I asked to at least switch out the box cause I was worried the serial number wouldn't match up. This is the Carmel Mountain store in san diego btw if anyone was wondering.
    Swapped my Pre out today for the loose slider problem. Gave the Pre Advocate my old phone and pouch along with the old box that had only the info booklets in it. Rep gave me a new phone in a new box with all the accessories and after activating, told me to have a nice day. Awesome getting a free extra charger and earphones.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    wow, wish i went to your store. My store didn't even wanna give me the new box when I returned mine. They handed me the phone and that was that. They kept all their brand new accessories and i just had to use the ones from my original package. I asked to at least switch out the box cause I was worried the serial number wouldn't match up. This is the Carmel Mountain store in san diego btw if anyone was wondering.
    Yeah I have both boxes too...LOL

Maybe Sprint Rep was being nice.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have 3 chargers and usb cables now. Looking to collect my fourth pretty soon....
    If I could forfeit my rebate for a perfect phone I would.
    That pic looks like the Island of Misfit Toys!
    i worked at sprint. those are the defective phones that people returned. all our stores kept a box just like that. THAT IS NOT HOW REFURBS ARE KEPT! guaranteed. Notice there are different models in that box too.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Some of the reasons I have seen-on this forum-for people returning their devices are pretty lame. I'm not implying you should just accept shoddy products, but Pre is not shoddy. It reminds me of the moaning the early iPhone adopters when that product first came. Of course, the moaning quickly subsided when the herd finished drinking the Kool-Aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    I wouldn't want to end up with a used headset.
    It probably costs them more to sanitize it than to make a new one.
    If that picture is real (which I doubt) I would sure avoid that store. Judging by the way they take care of valuable returned inventory its no wonder so many of their activated devices have failed. Heck those moron employees probably broke most of those Pre's while activating them.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast