1.    #1  
    So I transfered some mp3s to my pre via sftp and they showed up but wouldn't play. I deleted them and transfered them via usb and they play fine. What gives? The file permissions and ownership were the same as any other working mp3 that's been on it.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Did you restart the music player after transferring the files?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Did you restart the music player after transferring the files?
    Yeah.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Only other thought is that it's detecting the USB for something other than charging event, and that's forcing another search of the directory...

Maybe hook up the USB cable real fast to see if that forces it to search? If so, someone can probably find the event that's thrown, so after sftping, you could manually run the event.

Pure speculation, I haven't looked at any of that code.
  5.    #5  
    I just sftp'd some different mp3s and it worked this time. Weirdness.
    I tried this today, there must be some code in the audio player that only rescans the library after usb mode is deactivated. I transfered my mp3 files over via sftp, (3 different albums 3 different sources) started the audio player. No new mp3z, so I plugged in the usb, hit usb mode then unplugged it. The mp3 files was there in the audio player.

Kind of sucks, but transfering files via sftp still beats going into usb mode and possibly missing text messages and phone calls :/
    A rescan button might be nice.