1.    #1  
    ..but I've been lurking these forums since before the Pre came out. and only now have a felt the need to post. the sdk has been out for 24 hours, and I'm so in love with the Pre that all i have been thinking is how long till we get some homebrew apps. I'm already using my notifications.

It has amazed me how much developers have already done with just rooting the Pre. And I know its only been a day, but how long do you think it is before we see some more apps available to download? Days? Weeks? Months?
    2 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours. And the first app will be a gastrointestinal simulator.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Oh, sorry. I thought we were talking about the iPhone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    ..but I've been lurking these forums since before the Pre came out. and only now have a felt the need to post. the sdk has been out for 24 hours, and I'm so in love with the Pre that all i have been thinking is how long till we get some homebrew apps. I'm already using my notifications.

It has amazed me how much developers have already done with just rooting the Pre. And I know its only been a day, but how long do you think it is before we see some more apps available to download? Days? Weeks? Months?
    We've already seen a few "proof of concept" apps come out, the useful stuff is probably a week or two out I would imagine.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Idk but i can't wait for more apps loving my pre but it does need some games. I often have time to kill while on lunch...
    Gimme solitaire, Freecell, and Bejewelled, and I'll be happy as a clam.
    I'll patient wait for some productivity apps, but I'd love to see some hacks to simplify the UI. Like a universal preferences app that links to all preferences available to all programs. That shouldn't be too difficult. Or maybe "Ignore with text" like I have on my centro when someone calls and I want to text them I'm in a mtg. Or maybe something simple like a ".com" or ".org" quickkeys when entering commonly used snippets.

These tweaks enhance productivity and would do more for my life than solitaire. I spend my dead time deleting email.
    you are needy
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post

Are we therrrrre yet.......... Stfu
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    Are we therrrrre yet.......... Stfu
    why you pissed?
    I would love takephone and butler on the pre

Those are my 2 essentials
    I would love to see a more stable & integrated twitter client. The two apps that are available dont do a very good job of using the notification system. I'm curious to see what developers can get done. This seems to be an amazing OS and we've just begun to see what is possible with this system.
    Hey Umm could any of you link me to something on how to code for the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    Hey Umm could any of you link me to something on how to code for the Pre?
    Amazon.com: JavaScript for Dummies: Emily A. Vander Veer: Books
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Needy!
    since they're home brewed apps, where will we see these apps come out? the actual app catalog? or just on random websites?