1.    #1  
    Sorry if there are too many posts about this topic as it is, but it is really stupid you can't delete the facebook contacts. I seriously just want to go on and delete everyone from Facebook I don't want now lol. I really hope they can change this. I have alot of co-workers and people from HS that I don't even talk to in my phone now. Looks like I am deleting my facebook profile on this thing.

Adam
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I never use the Contact app so I don't even notice they are there. I just use universal search to find people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I never use the Contact app so I don't even notice they are there. I just use universal search to find people.
    Exactly. At first, I was a little dubious about the whole "just start typing" thing, but after doing it for awhile I realized it really is the best way to work. And, on further reflection, I realized that I've been doing this for awhile now with Vista and then Win 7. I don't browse to programs any longer--I just search.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Exactly. At first, I was a little dubious about the whole "just start typing" thing, but after doing it for awhile I realized it really is the best way to work. And, on further reflection, I realized that I've been doing this for awhile now with Vista and then Win 7. I don't browse to programs any longer--I just search.
    Exactly, this is the way of the future, I can't believe people prefer desktop shortcuts or scrolling thru lists to just typing a few letters...
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Me too. First intial, space, second inital. That's all I need to find virtually anyone. For businesses, I may need to type four characters at most. I have over 800 contacts in there. I am fairly stingy on who I connect with on Facebook. Less than 150 "friends." Most are business contacts.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The type/search function may be the better way to make calls, but you have to admit the whole facebook thing IS quite irritating. Personally I still go into the contacts for other reasons, and I too am considering deleting the facebook profile. And if you think about it, the extra contacts also muddles up the search format a little. I only have one friend named brian that I would call (type B R and tap)...but I have 5 facebook friends named brian. I know, a minor point...but still, just an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookela View Post
    The type/search function may be the better way to make calls, but you have to admit the whole facebook thing IS quite irritating. Personally I still go into the contacts for other reasons, and I too am considering deleting the facebook profile. And if you think about it, the extra contacts also muddles up the search format a little. I only have one friend named brian that I would call (type B R and tap)...but I have 5 facebook friends named brian. I know, a minor point...but still, just an example.
    I suppose it all depends on how you use Facebook. I'm very selective in who I "friend," and so I have a pretty limited list of Facebook contacts. Any and all of them are folks I would want in my contacts.

If we were talking about Twitter, it would be a very different story. I wouldn't have any desire to have all of the people I'm following and who are following me in my contacts list.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I suppose it all depends on how you use Facebook. I'm very selective in who I "friend," and so I have a pretty limited list of Facebook contacts. Any and all of them are folks I would want in my contacts.

If we were talking about Twitter, it would be a very different story. I wouldn't have any desire to have all of the people I'm following and who are following me in my contacts list.
    Yeah I'm with you man. Its facebook not myspace!! why do you have people on there that you dont have any desire to communicate with?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i have a question... is there a way to set a default number to the phone? i have 2 numbers for my brother but everytime i try to text it always defaults to his work and not his mobile... any ideas? thanks
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Remember, "Collect and query" is the mantra here. Universal search is there for a reason.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Once we get voice dial having all of the contacts will become a problem because it increases the odds of tripping up the voice matching algorithm.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    Its facebook not myspace!! why do you have people on there that you dont have any desire to communicate with?
    Haha! Not sure i get this reference. So why would you have people on your myspace that you "don't have any desire to communicate with"??? But aside from that...

You bring up the word "communicate." I have some "friends" on facebook that are there because i want to "communicate" with them...via facebook! Reconnect with old friends, exchange photos, and send them a simple "hello" every now and then. But i don't have a desire or need to contact these people on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. And that's what my PHONE is for.

And what it boils down to is CHOICE. For every complaint that someone has about the pre, no matter what the issue...there's someone else who might actually like that same issue (or at least can live with). Some people like the way facebook syncs w/the contacts. But others just want the CHOICE to be able to manage/customize it a little more to their liking/needs.