1.    #1  
    Okay, bear with me 'cause I'm sure this may seem a little 'out there' to those of you who are more familiar with phone hardware than I am. That said, I got my pre last night and love, love, love it! So, this isn't a bash-the-slider question/post. But, after messing with the device a kazillion times since yesterday, I noticed something: there is a tiny bit of play in the slider (when it is closed) but ONLY after I take the device off of the touchstone.

Other than that, once the device cools (and NO, mine is not hot, just warm) the play in the slider seems to disappear. So, could the loosening be heat/warmth related?

Anyone else notice this? I don't think of it as a problem, just an interesting quirk.
    That's not my experience--mine is always just the tiniest bit loose whether on or off the Touchstone. But, I suppose it could happen since (as you've alluded) stuff shrinks and expands based on the heat.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Okay, bear with me 'cause I'm sure this may seem a little 'out there' to those of you who are more familiar with phone hardware than I am. That said, I got my pre last night and love, love, love it! So, this isn't a bash-the-slider question/post. But, after messing with the device a kazillion times since yesterday, I noticed something: there is a tiny bit of play in the slider (when it is closed) but ONLY after I take the device off of the touchstone.

Other than that, once the device cools (and NO, mine is not hot, just warm) the play in the slider seems to disappear. So, could the loosening be heat/warmth related?

Anyone else notice this? I don't think of it as a problem, just an interesting quirk.
    I have also noticed this but after paying close attention to it over the last two weeks it hasn't gotten any worse. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I'm not overly concerned. I figure it is just the plastic expanding and contracting. Overall, I am really pleased with the build quality -- which, honestly, surprised me after reading so much iComplain.
    Mine moves all over the place
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Mine moves all over the place

All the time? Or after removing it from the touchstone?