Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #1  
    So with my employer I used to get a 30% monthly discount on my plan when i had a Nextel phones. Before the Pre even came out I called CS and asked about the discount and if it would change. She told me it would go from 30% to 27% when fully moving away from Nextel.

    I was fine with that. On june 23rd I received an email from Sprint w/employers name on it saying the Pre will be available for $199 with 25% monthly discount. Whatever I don't mind the 2% drop that much.

    Looked at my bill online today and I'm only getting 20% discount!! I was not very happy with this so I called Sprint and spent about an hour with them and different departments. The last guy said the system only shows 20% for my employer and he has to forward the case to the business department. He said they will get in touch with me in about 1-3 business days.

    I'm not so sure they will do anything about this, but this is a real big disappointment and I feel like I've been lied to about the discount since I got the Pre on the 6th.

    Anyone have similar experiences and/or have advice on what to do here??
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    So with my employer I used to get a 30% monthly discount on my plan when i had a Nextel phones. Before the Pre even came out I called CS and asked about the discount and if it would change. She told me it would go from 30% to 27% when fully moving away from Nextel.

    I was fine with that. On june 23rd I received an email from Sprint w/employers name on it saying the Pre will be available for $199 with 25% monthly discount. Whatever I don't mind the 2% drop that much.

    Looked at my bill online today and I'm only getting 20% discount!! I was not very happy with this so I called Sprint and spent about an hour with them and different departments. The last guy said the system only shows 20% for my employer and he has to forward the case to the business department. He said they will get in touch with me in about 1-3 business days.

    I'm not so sure they will do anything about this, but this is a real big disappointment and I feel like I've been lied to about the discount since I got the Pre on the 6th.

    Anyone have similar experiences and/or have advice on what to do here??
    If you consider it worth the hassle, sign up with Alliant Credit Union (just need to sign up for a local/national PTA), and you'll get 25% off your bill.

    Link
  3. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #3  
    I may just do that if all else fails.

    Edit: yes i know i spelled the title wrong
  4. #4  
    Your getting a 20% discount and complaining!? Wow....

    I think Sprint should cancel all this BS I'm sure verizon, att, tmobile would offer this right?
  5. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellp View Post
    Your getting a 20% discount and complaining!? Wow....
    I don't think you understand the problem. When I'm being told I would be getting 27% and then being told its 20% (and having an email stating 25%)...well someones lying.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I don't think you understand the problem. When I'm being told I would be getting 27% and then being told its 20% (and having an email stating 25%)...well someones lying.
    There's also the possibility of people making mistakes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There's also the possibility of people making mistakes.
    Sending out an email with a 5% greater discount is a pretty big mistake. But yes the possibility exists, but if you advertise something it should definitely be honored. I don't appreciate being lied to multiple ways.
  8. #8  
    Maybe your employer can no longer afford to have a contract with Sprint allowing their staff to have a 25-30 percent discount.
    Follow Me On

  9. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Maybe your employer can no longer afford to have a contract with Sprint allowing their staff to have a 25-30 percent discount.
    Our business guy said nothing has changed, Ill have to ask him again just to triple check.
  10. Bebo77's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #10  
    Fwd them the email that says 25%...

    i get 27% off... i would be pissed to if they played with my discount...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Sending out an email with a 5% greater discount is a pretty big mistake. But yes the possibility exists, but if you advertise something it should definitely be honored. I don't appreciate being lied to multiple ways.
    I don't see that this is been fully resolved yet, hence there could be mistakes made all throughout the process. If you come back in a month and say that Sprint has refused to honor the email that they sent to you (after you've followed a reasonable process in handling the matter), then I'll concede that Sprint has done something wrong.

    From what I can see, nobody's "lied" to you yet.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12. #12  
    I have a similar issue. The online site says I should be getting a 21% discount when signing up for an account. However, at the sprint store and when I called them by phone, they insist it is only a 15% discount. One of the reasons I was thinking of porting from Verizon is the cheaper plan rates, but I already get a 20% discount on Verizon making the Sprint savings pretty much negligible with the more expensive insurance and only 15% discount.
  13. #13  
    I kind of had a similar situation with my wife's employer (she has the discount). Company web page said 23% and we ended up with 15% on the bill. I called CS and after an hour and a transfer to a supervisor they fixed it. Turned out that there was 2 different codes in the system for the company at different rates for some reason. Sprint guy said the lower rate comes up first and most agents would just stop there and not look further.
  14. d94
    d94 is offline
    d94's Avatar
    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #14  
    lol im supposed to be getting 26% and my bill shows 36%
    gotta love it
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    lol im supposed to be getting 26% and my bill shows 36%
    gotta love it
    LOL What is the code for your employer???
  16. #16  
    Read the bottom of the page. Does not apply to Simply Everything Plans. There is no 25% discount according to the link you provided.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
  17. #17  
    OP: get a life. Seriously.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
  18. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by odditory View Post
    OP: get a life. Seriously.
    I'm sorry, wasn't aware I can't vent a little frustration. Seems your the one that needs to get a life troll.
  19. John99GSX's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Read the bottom of the page. Does not apply to Simply Everything Plans. There is no 25% discount according to the link you provided.
    My employer does the same thing, no discount on the "everything plans" when I submitted my request awhile back.
  20. #20  
    Data everything plans can get discounts, the Simply Everything plans cannot. I find it weird how you can go to any credit union and get a 10% off your bill but this credit union you can get 25% off. Too bad I don't live in Chicago as I would sign up for it.

    Adam
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions