Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    how the hek do you delete voice mail? according to the automated voice mail operator, you delete a message by disconnecting (by hanging up).

i do this but the damned voice message icon indicator thing is still there on the bottom right. i guess i'll never know when i truly get a new message. see the problem here?
    after you listen to the voice mail, hit 7 to erase it, and 9 to save it. After you hang up, the voice mail icon should disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MapInfoJoe View Post
    after you listen to the voice mail, hit 7 to erase it, and 9 to save it. After you hang up, the voice mail icon should disappear.
    Yep, never heard of just hanging up. This will save the message. 7 to erase, 9 save and 4 to replay.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    one more reason to push for visual voice mail....
    Every now and then, and it's happened with every cell phone I've ever owned (except the Pre, so far) and with every service, the new voicemail indicator sometimes gets stuck. To clear it, open the menu in the Phone app and select Preferences. Go all the way to the bottom and click on the "Voicemail Count Reset" button.

If this happens often, then call support. Hasn't happened once with my Pre, I found this option during my exploration of the device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    lol wow, these threads get better and better. why is this in the palm pre forum?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If you've deleted it and are still receiving the vm indicator, try this:

From the dialer > click the sprint button (top left)> choose preferences > scroll down and click voicemail count reset.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    thanks everyone. except IMethos.
    Hey, I have run into this problem with my Pre and my old Blackberry. Once you hit 7, you have to wait until you here "there are no more messages". If you hang up after deleting, but before hearing this then 9 times out of 10 the message indicator will stay on.
    I just recently had this problem and clicking the reset option worked for me. I'll also try waiting to hear that there are no more messages next time before hanging up and seeing if that works.

Thanks all!