Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I have several phones and I've been on Sprint for years. I have had to change phones several times in the past (from one Treo to another) and I have NEVER been charged an "Equipment Change" fee!

I am annoyed!
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    they do that.
    I got charge an $18 upgrade fee. I didnt know they would do this at sprint corporate store, and they never told me... I went on sprint chat and they took it away after I begged!
    I called yesterday and had them remove it.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Just spoke with a pleasant lady at Sprint's NC service center and she said that, 'because I'm a preferred (long time) customer, it will be removed/credited back in the next billing cycle or two.'

Not a great reply but I'm also not as angry as I was.
    i was explicitly told on june 6th that i wouldn't be charged an activation fee. i didn't even asked if i would be charged or not. and now in my bill i see a $26 activation fee charge and an $18 device upgrade activation fee. grr.

i hate how sprint always puts the burden on the customer to keep an eye on these things and correct it.
    I change my equipment online... It's free. I sometimes do it 2-3 times a weeks
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i was explicitly told on june 6th that i wouldn't be charged an activation fee. i didn't even asked if i would be charged or not. and now in my bill i see a $26 activation fee charge and an $18 device upgrade activation fee. grr.

i hate how sprint always puts the burden on the customer to keep an eye on these things and correct it.
    Do like I did, press *2 and ask them why is there an activation fee when you were told there wouldn't be one? Don't be afraid to express to them that you don't appreciate being lied to. They'll take it off.
    Gotta love how all these carriers initiate this bogus charge whenever you purchase a new phone. I guess signing your soul away for 2 years isn't enough.
    All carriers are like this. I've already had to have several charges changed and removed since I changed my plan over to get the Pre.

You just have to watch your bill like a hawk. Sprint has been really good about crediting me and removing charges though, with no argument.

Carriers make most of their money from people oblivious to the details of their bill and just hope for the best.
    cool. i just called sprint and told them about it and they removed both the $26 and $18 activation fees. now on to the next issue... the rep at the store said that i would be getting a $50 credit for adding a line (which was the reason i bought the touchstone heheh) but the sprint rep i talked to on the phone said that he doesn't see anything in my account about that and advised me to go back to the store and talk to the rep there.

what's everyone's experience with this? is it supposed to be a $50 credit like i was told? or is it supposed to be a visa card that they send in the mail? thx.
    Sprint, ATT and TMob (tmob took it away for 5 months but its back) all have the $18 upgrade fee. Total crap yes, But thats how it is. I didnt have any upgrade fee but im on a 3rd party dealers employee plan and that one of the perks (along with the whole plan being a perk ) about 3/5 times the rep will remove it for ya, I do it all the time for a customer a day or two after the sale ill just call care and say, What is this $18 upgrade fee crap and i've been a customer for x about of years and they useally budge, if not try and try agian!
    SCK Manager
    After reading this thread, I went online to check my Sprint bill. My account shows that I was charged the $18 fee and received a credit for the same amount. I never asked for the credit, called to complain, etc. YMMV.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The store told me about the $18 upgrade fee when I bought two Pre's (1 for the wife). I didn't even bother arguing...just told them I'd be calling Customer Service to get it removed. And I did, and they did.

Of course the CS rep. had to tell me that it was "a legitimate charge" and they were only removing it as a courtesy.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Had mine removed as well.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    asked for mine to be waived when I upgraded to the pre, there was not a moment of hesitation from the sales agent. Then I asked for a "good customer" credit and she gave me an additional $50. With sprint it pays to call and just ask.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    I got charge an $18 upgrade fee.
    Same here, but they credited my account before I even noticed it. I checked my Sprint bill on line and saw the charge and then the credit.

It was a bit of a surprise to see that they took care of it without me even asking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqBland View Post
    Do like I did, press *2 and ask them why is there an activation fee when you were told there wouldn't be one? Don't be afraid to express to them that you don't appreciate being lied to. They'll take it off.
    If you need a valid excuse, just say you are a credit union member.
    Just talked to one rep who refused to reverse the charges, said that I would have to go through the Sprint Store that I bought the phone at to dispute the charge. I am on the phone now with another rep (on hold) and hopefully she will be more helpful.

Yep! She was a lot more helpful. It took her a while, but she did remove the charge...I see the $18 dollar credit on my online bill now.

And the first rep told me "they'll just gonna tell you the same thing" when I asked to speak with another rep, heh!
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/28/2009 at 03:39 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I had TWO $18 upgrade charges for just one phone, obviously some kind of mistake. I called and asked to have one of the charges removed, and they were kind enough to remove both.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast